Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Its up to Tosin to find another club who can afford him otherwise he stays at Fulham for the whole of next season (even if someone agrees to buy in January) based upon Monaco's low ball bid. So Spurs bid accepted in principal by Fulham ..... down to player.... unless Spurs move on

So he doesn't want to join Spurs. Why insist on a player who doesn't want to come here?

Happy New Year Love GIF by Wired Productions

So he doesn't want to join Spurs. Why insist on a player who doesn't want to come here?

By all accounts he thinks he prefers to play all the time - not concerned at club - which rto be fair is probably true of majority of players (nb not Ndombele who wants wages and food guarantees !).

I'd be worried if any player coming here thinks he's an automatic choice. So that's either a conversation to have or he's had it and thinks another club may give him 'playing guarantees' before he joins a club. We'll find out if he joins us, that he's found he needs to compromise on something (no different to house hunting, the 'must have' swimming pool isn't compatible with my price band of houses)

We have been here before with Sanchez.

It's great to see him recover and play well. But if we get a decent wedge for him we take it.

He will still get deep into the season and randomly fall over during a match. He's a better fit for Amge than Dier but that isn't a reason to make him our 3rd choice CB.
Spot on. The judgment I always use is “would you buy that player if he wasn’t already here”.

In reality, if Sanchez was available on a free I wouldn’t advocate the club signing him.

Ergo if we get a good offer we ship him out….

What I don't get is why we can't seem to get EPL clubs interest in our surplu splayers.
I mean Aarons went for £7m.

Low stock.

Playing such boring negative football and giving off the notion that the players can't play football isn't a good look.

When you're winning and playing good football, and teams realise our players aren't actually shit, they've just been coached horribly, you'll find it easier to sell your deadwood. Look under Poch where we couldn't sell the deadwood in his first season but after a few years we would sell the likes of Wimmer for 18m

Hopefully, the fact Sanchez has shown he is actually a capable player means his stock has risen a bit and we can get a decent fee for him.

Back
Top Bottom