Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
He is not banned from the sport.

He is banned from being a executive. He is still allowed to work as a scout. Which he is doing for us on a consultancy basis.
You don't have a correct understanding of what "criminal" means.

Also you don't have a correct understanding of Paratici's punnishment.... .He's not "officially banned from the sport".
He is banned from representing the club publicly in transfer negotiations, that I can be absolutely sure of, and he is officially banned from the sport by FIFA. He also officially resigned from his position I might add.

Look I know everyone is all warm and fuzzy over the fact that we employ a fraudster coz he’s good at scouting players (which is a joke to begin with), but that’s only half of his job.

We are CRYING OUT for someone to handle negotiations and do deals this summer but good ol Fab is banned from fulfilling that obligation.

That is a fact.

One can't help but get hopeful now......

CP interested in Dier & Spence..... Either could bring the price down and save CP a few quid vs the QPR 20% sell on clause.

Said before... Shame Gil isn't fit enough to loan them as a makeweight... Would work well for both clubs.

PEH & 1 or Spence or Dier sold and more than half the fee is covered. Get in there, Lev-meister!

If we do go for Eze, do we loan them Sarr potentially?

Leaves

Maddison
Lo Celso
Eze
Skipp
Bissouma
Bentacuur (December time)

Olise just signed a new deal....

Does that mean Eze price just dropped back down to 50m?
Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

He is banned from representing the club publicly in transfer negotiations, that I can be absolutely sure of, and he is officially banned from the sport by FIFA. He also officially resigned from his position I might add.

Look I know everyone is all warm and fuzzy over the fact that we employ a fraudster coz he’s good at scouting players (which is a joke to begin with), but that’s only half of his job.

We are CRYING OUT for someone to handle negotiations and do deals this summer but good ol Fab is banned from fulfilling that obligation.

That is a fact.

Talk is he's officially banned but unofficially still working for us, he's been consulting without making the calls if that makes sense.

View: https://twitter.com/TheSecretScout_/status/1692115165389463729?s=20

Chelsea, funded by Saudi money indirectly, selling one of their biggest young talents to a direct rival, publicly owned by Saudi money.

Kid is 18. There is ZERO reason for chelsea to let a direct rival have him on a permanent. They could loan him to their pick of prem teams this year because he's good enough.

This is such strange behavior.

1. Acquisition of Chelsea at such a huge premium when the seller was “distressed”. Would expect to be able to purchase the club at a lower price given the Russian owner’s problems.
2. Seller is Russian
3. Chelsea then go on a ridiculous spending spree. Almost like they didn’t care how much it spends.
4. Saudi Arabian clubs acquire Chelsea players at ridiculous valuations

Would be interesting to see who owns the various clubs that sold players to Chelsea.

It would also be interesting to know Clearlake’s LPs for this deal. Clearlake has a history of making very high returns. Paying a huge premium on the acquisition and then huge premiums in transfers isn’t consistent with a high return on investment unless there is some specific exit strategy that is hard to identify now.

Could be an indirect way of bypassing sanctions against Russia.

Washing?

Last edited:
Doku is quite literally the dream as a winger.

I just don’t see how City wouldn’t blow us out of the water the second they got word of the deal.

Palace were accusing Chelsea of tapping up Olise prior to activating buy clause. Chelsea publicly were adamant that they acted within the rules. I'm sure we'll find out in time, but I'm guessing they might have breached a few rules in negotiating with player, and the clause has now expired. New deal likely with the understanding he'll be let go next Summer, much like Caicedo
By not signing Olise, the chavs may think they can escape a tapping up investigation.

I would expect Olise's new contract to have a release clause. It will doubtless be higher than the one in his now superceded contract, but I bet there's one in there because he held a lot of power in this situation.

Even if the chavs had to abandon their chase for fears of being done for tapping up., other PL clubs would have been prepared to sign him for £33 million. By signing a new contract, Olise has closed that door.

Back
Top Bottom