Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is such strange behavior.

1. Acquisition of Chelsea at such a huge premium when the seller was “distressed”
2. Seller is Russian
3. Chelsea then go on a ridiculous spending spree. Almost like they didn’t care how much it spends.
4. Saudi Arabian clubs acquire Chelsea players at ridiculous valuations

Would be interesting to see who owns the various clubs that sold players to Chelsea.

Washing?
Also Saudi money invested into Clearlake the fund that owns Chelsea

Nah, we can do better, we're not a fucking hospital.
I'd still have him over Lenglet which is the only other CB we've been consistently linked to, Tosin links gone completely dead and not linked with anyone else right now, in an ideal world you'd get in Tapsoba but I'm saying if we have to settle on a cheap/free backup CB we could do a lot worse.

He is banned from representing the club publicly in transfer negotiations, that I can be absolutely sure of,

Which is both true and yet vastly different to what you originally said.

You have a recurring habit of going big with what you say (to hell with truth at times) only to find yourself having to climb down in your subsequent post(s)...... Here we are again.

and he is officially banned from the sport by FIFA.

He isn't.

He also officially resigned from his position I might add.

....So?

...And now reportedly employed in a different capacity.

Look I know everyone is all warm and fuzzy over the fact that we employ a fraudster coz he’s good at scouting players (which is a joke to begin with), but that’s only half of his job.

We are CRYING OUT for someone to handle negotiations and do deals this summer but good ol Fab is banned from fulfilling that obligation.

That is a fact.

What are you rambling about? .....No-one's disputed that it would be preferable to have someone other than Levy doing the negotiations again.

To reiterate:

You don't have a correct understanding of what "criminal" means.

Also, you don't have a correct understanding of Paratici's punishment.... He's not "officially banned from the sport".

He's not "in the slammer" either.... That's just childish.

Last edited:
Levy has a couple of weeks to rescue what is looking like a disastrous transfer window.
bald-man-beach-by-sea-vacation_218872-5145.jpg

I'd still have him over Lenglet which is the only other CB we've been consistently linked to, Tosin links gone completely dead and not linked with anyone else right now, in an ideal world you'd get in Tapsoba but I'm saying if we have to settle on a cheap/free backup CB we could do a lot worse.

Do you realise how much of a pointless conversation this is?

It's not going to happen and neither should it.

By not signing Olise, the chavs may think they can escape a tapping up investigation.

I would expect Olise's new contract to have a release clause. It will doubtless be higher than the one in his now superceded contract, but I bet there's one in there because he held a lot of power in this situation.

Even if the chavs had to abandon their chase for fears of being done for tapping up., other PL clubs would have been prepared to sign him for £33 million. By signing a new contract, Olise has closed that door.

View: https://twitter.com/ed_aarons/status/1692140091752304931?s=20

Yup Chelsea backing off after threat by Palace to go to town on Chelsea's tapping up - cannot risk a likely transfer ban that would kill off Boehy's plans. Big wages increases and minimum release clause.

Why wouldn’t the Ange brand work in the PL?

Is this similar to people saying Pep’s brand wouldn’t work in the PL?
Oh I'm not saying it won't. I said I'm reserving judgement. But it is a distinct possibility it/he won't be successful. So in the, premature, context of "why isn't Son effective in Ange's system" its arguable whether or not it's the olayer or the system that's an odd duck in the PL.

As I said, premature in any case as we've played 1 match and we know that Son is a streaky player to begin with. He's entirely likely to go a month looking like shit and then have 12 goal/assists in 8 matches.

Back
Top Bottom