Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reckon Richy's chances of success in this system are much greater at CF than LW.
Just will never score enough imo. I get that we're not going to be finding a 30 goal striker anytime soon but a CF at a hopefully top 6 team needs to be getting 15 to 20. We know Son can, Richarlisons best season was 13. I'd prefer him as a hard working nuisance on the left, chipping in with hopefully 8 to 10 goals.

We tend to win when Richy plays #9 though.

Can't fully explain it myself but it happens.

Did like Son up front vs B'Muff.

I can.

Correlation not causation.

Suggesting anything else wouldn’t stand up to the slightest bit of statistical analysis. Richarlison has just happened to be on the winning side a lot just like Bale just happened to be on the losing one during that freak run.

He’s not doing anything to cause these results, thus the easy conclusion is that it’s just a statistical oddity.

west ham paying whats needed for kudus

we have never done that straight up and more often or not it takes us centuries to barter

is johnson the best we can get i like him but there are better out there

kanes gone and richie is the replacement who can honestly tell me they are happy with that but it looks damn sure we are persisting with him for the season

Kudus has a release clause in his contract and was always leaving Ajax since the Brighton move broke down, stop being a melt for once.

Emerson def > Dier & Tanganga for me.

Reckon he's gonna evolve into a very useful player for us in the coming seasons.
Almost for his sake more than ours I wish we would sell him somewhere where he could play the classic, orthodox right back role he was made for.

Put a speedy winger in his pocket and bomb forward to support the attack in possession. That's his game and we've forced him to do everything on earth BUT that in his time here.

Jota from Celtic available? He worked with AP last season, then jetted off to Saudi for the money and now wants to come back. Surely, he has to be an option if he is available. Young and skilled forward
He seems classy. But what went on over there? I've boiled it down to two possibilities:

1. When he filled out the 'Full Name' field on the contract they realised he was Portuguese not Arabic.

Or

2. They watched Better Call Saul and now he just creeps them the fuck out.

I don't have a problem in either case. Sign him.

Almost for his sake more than ours I wish we would sell him somewhere where he could play the classic, orthodox right back role he was made for.

Put a speedy winger in his pocket and bomb forward to support the attack in possession. That's his game and we've forced him to do everything on earth BUT that in his time here.

He seems happy here and is still young enough to develop further..... Get back into Europe and he'll have plenty of opportunity for game-time. If he ends up being our right sided Ben Davies (great long term servant; fuck the haters!) I'll have no complaints.

Question for Spurs fans, its hypothetical and the chances are next to none but here we go...

United are clearly going to offload Greeenwood and rightfully so, however when he was at United if im not mistaken he was seen as a pretty big talent and his numbers were decent? Spurs are void of many attacking option so I wonder...would the fans be fine with Spurs getting a good talent for free albeit with a very questionable off the pitch issues?

Naturally due to what he did not many if any would like the kid but since chargers are dropped he's still going to be playing football.

How would you lot feel about getting Greenwood for free?

Obviously goes without saying I hope the question does not offend anyone as im sure it might be a sensitive topic.

I am almost positive a majority would say no to him but I am curious what everyone opinion would be from a pure footballing perspective?
if we did I would stop supporting us.

View: https://twitter.com/thespursexpress/status/1696174316532990453?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

Good I would love us to get Eze and he is a base client but has 2 years on the deal. We need Lo Celso as Maddison back up for this season.

Manifesting karma about what this means for PEH

Third Eye Peace GIF by Open the Portal

Back
Top Bottom