Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why do you keep saying Johnson is a replacement for Son?

Kvara and Osimhen simply aren't realistic options. Neither is Rafael Leao. Neither are any of the other guys on the cusp of world class status right now. It's nonsense to even suggest them.

Let's worry about getting back in the top four and being serious again before we start playing Football Manager.
you say that but look at villa getting diaby who the fuck would of predicted that, its about paying the money and not being tight bastards

Young player of the year in the championship 2 years ago where he got 18 goals and 10 assists, first season in the prem at 21 where he got 8 goals and 3 assists. People pining for Jarrod Bowen but at a similar age he'd barely established himself at Hull. Really only started kicking on at 22/23. Johnson will turn out at least as good as Bowen.

Development in football isn't linear and that is far from a given.

There's definitely a decent chance of it, though..

True but Johnson has got very similar traits to Bowen, who now seems to be flavour of the month. Neither are going to be Son or Bale level anytime soon but it doesnt mean you cant be a good, effective player. Woolwich should have won the league last season with a load of good but not brilliant players like that.

west ham paying whats needed for kudus

we have never done that straight up and more often or not it takes us centuries to barter

is johnson the best we can get i like him but there are better out there

kanes gone and richie is the replacement who can honestly tell me they are happy with that but it looks damn sure we are persisting with him for the season

Makes me feel a little better that Brentford are willing to splash the cash on him too.
The way they play, kick it long and have the forwards run after it, he would make total sense for them. Not so sure if he would make sense for a side that averages 60% possession. But then again, that's probably a superficial assessment, as I do not know what's in Ange's head.

With the way some of you are going on about Brennan Johsnons ability in a low block and that we won't utilise his pace due to this (Despite never ever actually seeing how he does in a low block or how we would utilise him, if at all, in a low block). I don't want to hear those same people complain about Kulusevski's lack of pace again.

we have never done that straight up and more often or not it takes us centuries to barter

kanes gone and richie is the replacement who can honestly tell me they are happy with that but it looks damn sure we are persisting with him for the season
West ham have, really started to splash the cash the past few seasons.
They use to be a laughing stock, but not anymore, there isn't even a gap between us anymore and that is bad.

Really cant understand why we didnt try for a Jonathan David, Vlahovic or a cheaper punt on Orban. If we dont and its not looking likely the sooner we move Son up front the better. If Richarlison is going to play it has to be wide left, he just isnt a very good centre forward.

My boss is a forest fans. Says he is their best player along with Gibbs-White. Ultra quick dribbler with good shooting and crossing but on the flip side can make silly frustrating decisions.

Really cant understand why we didnt try for a Jonathan David, Vlahovic or a cheaper punt on Orban. If we dont and its not looking likely the sooner we move Son up front the better. If Richarlison is going to play it has to be wide left, he just isnt a very good centre forward.
we should of went for vlahovic when juve were keen to sell, now they know we need a forward and will charge alot

i dont think johnson is enough we need more up there at least someone who can finish up front

Jota from Celtic available? He worked with AP last season, then jetted off to Saudi for the money and now wants to come back. Surely, he has to be an option if he is available. Young and skilled forward

We tend to win when Richy plays #9 though.

Can't fully explain it myself but it happens.

Did like Son up front vs B'Muff.

I can’t see that happening, Davies as 4th choice is adequate. Not perfect but he is mobile enough to play the role. I think we will sign just one CB and two of Sanchez/Dier/Tanganga will be sold.

There just aren’t enough games this season to keep 4 senior CBs happy.
And let's not forget Royal could also cover the right sided CB role. Not ideal, but at least we have options outside of Dier/Tanganga should Dav go and we don't get anyone else in.

Back
Top Bottom