Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh.

But really, it's only Dier or Davinson that move the needle for making a space to bring a CB in by the looks.

We had no need to replace Tanganga or Rodon as they were never going to play.
Well, Dier is completely fucking us over.
I would start Tanganga over him.
He’s going to be a bench player in the event of an injury (or suspension!) to Romero-VdV and then Dav.
If we sell Dav even as a part-exchange for Johnson then he’ll be third choice. At that point, I’d rather Ange go back and get CCV from Celtic.

It's not urgent enough to prompt us to buy a player for £50m where we otherwise would't.

Currently (in one HG form or another we have):

Austin
Whiteman
Forster
Tanganga
Phillips
Davies
Sess
Skipp
Maddison
Scarlett
Spence (loan)
Parrot (loan)
Divine (loan)
White (loan)
Now that is just salt in a wound. So depressing.

Well with Fati there’s two versions of him.

The one pre knee issues literally was the best prospect on the planet and the heir to Messi, couldn’t stop scoring, arguably the most sought after youngster in the world.

The one from 2021-23? I’m not sure if he’s even Barca’s 5th best forward.
There is 3 versions:

21-22 when they fucked up his recovery and he was always injured.

and

22/23 when he was recovering back to his best and started to look like himself again.

Shame we didn't go for Palmer, would have been a good fit for us long term. More ability on the ball than Johnson and I think Ange could have persuaded him to come to us over Chelsea given that game time has been his biggest gripe at City.

After watching the first 2 minutes of a 10 minute Ansu Fati compilation I can safely say that he is world class and will win us the Champions League this season if we sign him.
No we don't want to jump the ladder, too early, Caraboa cup this season then CL next season.

Last edited:
Not sure I agree.

It works both ways.

If he's playing well and helping us, the position we end up at the end of the season helps us to attract a similar talent and we'd have free space in the squad.

An option would be ideal but not a deal breaker for me.

But it sounds like the player is keen and given the mess Barca are in, I doubt they'd refuse and option to buy.

Depends on how bad they want Lo Celso to go the other way.

Fati is a really dangerous attacking player. Loves to play give and go's, would link really well with madders and Udogie plus he has the ability to beat people out wide on the left and be unpredictable which direction. he's going. Also think he could play 8/10.

You keep saying Barca are in a mess. They won the league last season

There is 3 versions:

21-22 when they fucked up his recovery and he was always injured.

and

22/23 when he was recovering back to his best and started to look like himself again.
I am not too worried if he's lost a bit of speed/explosiveness. He's still quick in the head and will combine nicely with good players like Son, Madds, Kulu.

Shame we didn't go for Palmer, would have been a good fit for us long term. More ability on the ball than Johnson and I think Ange could have persuaded him to come to us over Chelsea given that game time has been his biggest gripe at City.
He is more talented for sure but I think we have basically his twin brother in Kulusevski already. Wouldn’t make sense to have them both.

Back
Top Bottom