Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don't think we have anything like that.. but the fee for his sale is incentivized based on making playoffs, promotion, eventual sale etc.

He's quite good, we're a graveyard for young players and whoever is in charge of s&c at the club should have their qualifications revoked

Did you watch him a lot in the development team?

Guarantee if rather than buy richarlison he had of been promoted to the squad as back up for Kane and Son there would be have been uproar and he would have failed to impress much.

Hope he goes on to do well but it’s never as easy /black and white developing youth players as people like to make out on here.

(Majority are pretty clueless tbh. Which is understandable as they don’t work in football).

Wonder if Ange is a fan of Maddison because that could be goer this summer
Think Maddison is only in play if Kane leaves

His system looks like it uses 8's more than 10's.

Wonder where Maddison would fit. Doesn't do much work without the ball these days either.

We will probably sign him regardless of what Ange wants because the club does the deals they want and he's a Base client.

Unless of course they actually get a recruitment director and come up with a serious plan for recruitment....

That's unlikely though.

Wonder if Ange is a fan of Maddison because that could be goer this summer
I really think we should be all out for him, with what he brings to the table I think he would play every minute for us, we're in a unique position to offer that which the other top 6 clubs can't, and with Leicester down we represent an attractive lifeboat. I think the Geordies will get him though, I don't think we'll make a serious offer.

Did you watch him a lot in the development team?

Guarantee if rather than buy richarlison he had of been promoted to the squad as back up for Kane and Son there would be have been uproar and he would have failed to impress much.

Hope he goes on to do well but it’s never as easy /black and white developing youth players as people like to make out on here.

(Majority are pretty clueless tbh. Which is understandable as they don’t work in football).
Ah, I've always thought he was a talented player, just without the physical power or grit to break into our squad in any kind of serious way. Thought he'd make it as a good starter or squad player for a bottom half PL side, comparing him to Bryan Gil for example, I don't know which of them will be considered the better player in 3/4yrs but I'd be certain Clarke will be putting up better goal/assist numbers wherever he is. Watching the academy games doesn't give you a great read, there's hundreds upon hundreds of players with the skill to make a dent on those games who never develop enough physically to push on further. Clarke has improved on that a lot the past 18 months to his credit

Transfers - Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

I must say I'm fairly impressed with Clarke so far at Stoke, can see why we spent good money on him. Reminds me of Dwight McNeil a bit, except he's very right-footed as opposed to very left-footed. Hopefully he gets some games playing from the left, would be interested to see how he fares.

Clarke has talent, good touch, good pass, good cross, runs at players fairly well, decent strike, just doesn't appear to have anything close to the power or drive to play at a high level.

No doubt a disappointing purchase.

But I think that's a little bit harsh on Clarke, I've been kinda impressed with him most times I've seen him(to a point, understanding his limitations).

Harvey White has a lovely left boot and he's a smart player, but I doubt he ever has the mobility for top level football, Clarke has been the more impressive of the two for me, I think he's a good buy for Sunderland.

Wonder where Maddison would fit. Doesn't do much work without the ball these days either.

We will probably sign him regardless of what Ange wants because the club does the deals they want and he's a Base client.

Unless of course they actually get a recruitment director and come up with a serious plan for recruitment....

That's unlikely though.
Does his system play with a DM?

That's unlikely though.
Yeah, very talented player, but you look at Odegaard, KDB, Gundogan,Bruno.. none of these players do as little out of possession as Maddison. He'd put up good numbers but I don't think you build a winning team with players like him.. he's a diminished runner compared to the player of two years ago.. recurrent hip injury apparently

Yeah, very talented player, but you look at Odegaard, KDB, Gundogan,Bruno.. none of these players do as little out of possession as Maddison. He'd put up good numbers but I don't think you build a winning team with players like him.. he's a diminished runner compared to the player of two years ago.. recurrent hip injury apparently

And for this reason, I'm out.

Eze would be a much much better option. He's also homegrown and from Base agency.

If he goes to Madrid, he'll never beat Shearers record.

Then again, I've never truly felt he cared too much about beating it just looked at it as one of those things. His goalscoring will already go down in history in the fact he's our clubs and England's top goalscorer.

I would certainly much rather he went to Madrid though. Though it seems crazy for anyone to truly pay big bucks this summer when he's free next year, then again, I guess if you want to have less hassle getting him, you'd go for him this summer.
Go to Madrid. Win something. Back with us in 2 years

Neither Tapsoba or Laporte are my own first choices, just put them there because they have been linked.

Did rate Tapsoba's youtube highlights tho.
We ain't getting Laporte, dudes who think we are oughta quit using crack.

The problem with rating a player of Youtube highlights, is that's probably what our scouting geniuses do. And that's how you end up with Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sess, Reguilon...

That's unlikely though.
Fatter chance seeing angels come out my arsehole

Back
Top Bottom