Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wow, thought he was about 26 when he went there. There's your price then.
Actually corrected by another poster, he was 28.

Personally, think the physiological age of “runners” is lower, so 28 for Hazard was much closer to his end than Kane will be at 30.

It was £89m rising to £130m with bonuses (Hazard) which he hasn’t triggered I’d presume. We think NDombele was an awful signing, what must Madrid fans think of Hazard?!

Think £90m is about the money (€100m).

8fthqrk.jpg

:tanguyhuh: :harrysmile:

Kang-in Lee, Lauriente, Scott, Le Fee some
players who could be fun with Ange coming in. Big job for whoever is shaping our squad.

Going to desperately need another CB who can play in a high press team, ideally somebody with pace and more of a calming presence compared to the aggression of Romero so that they can pair well together.

What do people think of Tammy Abraham?

That’s not a setup. I genuinely don’t know. 27 goals last season for Roma, but fallen away this season.
Clearly a good player, but I'd not like that direction. I kinda slot him in that Bamford/Morata category where they have touch and talent and sometimes goalscoring ability, but will essentially (when compared with higher level players) be considered inefficient, wasteful.. and harshly, bottlers over the course of a career. Think he'd drive us mad but would score you some goals while he's at it

Clearly a good player, but I'd not like that direction. I kinda slot him in that Bamford/Morata category where they have touch and talent and sometimes goalscoring ability, but will essentially (when compared with higher level players) be considered inefficient, wasteful.. and harshly, bottlers over the course of a career. Think he'd drive us mad but would score you some goals while he's at it
Yep.

And my worry is that we’ve already got that base covered with Richie.

Just trying to think what direction we go when Harry leaves, this Summer or next.

That’s not a setup. I genuinely don’t know. 27 goals last season for Roma, but fallen away this season.
Be happy with him as an option off the bench, but no more than that. Homegrown is nice and there is a player there, but probably too expensive to be a squad player.

Going to desperately need another CB who can play in a high press team, ideally somebody with pace and more of a calming presence compared to the aggression of Romero so that they can pair well together.

Get Raya before United wake up !
A CB partner for Romero is priority 1A.

Sell some shit and my low expectations will be satisfied

What would the team look like under Ange right now?

Forster
Porro - Romero - Davies - Udogie
Hojbjerg - Bissouma - Bentancur
Kulusevski - Kane - Son

If Kane is off Richarlison upfront, get someone in midfield instead of Hojbjerg with crazy stamina to press like Hatate, a centre back & keeper

I would like us to find someone better, but Abraham is a good lad. If Harry goes I actually think Son will be moved into the centre forward position next season.

Not sure we can get Kvara anymore
I am pretty sure...not.
Sorry, but which top player wanna join Spurs the way the club is heading now? At least Conte was able to attract quality players but I can't see Ange being able to attract any top talent really...simply because, at 58, he's never worked with any top talent ever in his whole coaching career.
And I really hope to be proven wrong :cool:

Back
Top Bottom