Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tottenham Hotspur are ready to make a second approach for Thierry Small after the defender’s loan spell at St Mirren from Southampton, a report has claimed.

I didn't even know we made a first approach for him.

Anyone know why the link says record-breaking-defender?
WHO???
:roseunsure:

Here we go, we are gonna get linked to every Celtic player out there now aren´t we?!

Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

Question now that Benzema has definitely left do they come in with a mega bid for Kane, say £100mm or more. That's when it gets tricky

If it’s £100m then he is off. Means he won’t end up in the prem at a rival club and we have some money to invest unlike end of next season when we will have zero.

Brutally sad though, in my lifetime maybe one or two more talented like Gazza or Modric but none of that ability level lasting this long. I wasn’t around for Glenn Hoddle to see an equal

Question now that Benzema has definitely left do they come in with a mega bid for Kane, say £100mm or more. That's when it gets tricky

I legitimately believe Levy would take £60-70m off Real or Bayern just to guarantee Kane doesn't improve a rival for the remainder of his peak but I don't think any amount of money would tempt him out the country. A CL or La Liga medal would be nice but if he beats shearers record his name will go down as the greatest ever scorer of goals this country has produced.

If he goes to Madrid, he'll never beat Shearers record.

Then again, I've never truly felt he cared too much about beating it just looked at it as one of those things. His goalscoring will already go down in history in the fact he's our clubs and England's top goalscorer.

I would certainly much rather he went to Madrid though. Though it seems crazy for anyone to truly pay big bucks this summer when he's free next year, then again, I guess if you want to have less hassle getting him, you'd go for him this summer.

I legitimately believe Levy would take £60-70m off Real or Bayern just to guarantee Kane doesn't improve a rival for the remainder of his peak but I don't think any amount of money would tempt him out the country. A CL or La Liga medal would be nice but if he beats shearers record his name will go down as the greatest ever scorer of goals this country has produced.

I think if RM offer £100m for Kane, its legitimate to say to Kane's agent/brother - that's the market price, if you want to go to another PL club then we need an offer of that sort of magnitude.

I would prefer Kane to stay (and I'd hope Levy says similar to Kane) , but if he is not willing to extend his contract at Spurs (with a large pay rise), then other clubs should not think he is available cheaply.

I worry for anyone that genuinely thinks that he cares more about a scoring record than he does winning trophies

Mind boggling thought process

Would Laporte and Chukwueze links hint to deeper conversations with Luis Enrique than the media is aware of?
Laporte has been linked to Spurs before, during and after his Man City career. Chukwueze has also been linked to Spurs before this, so time I think it's more to do with Villareal wanting to sign Lo Celso.

Last edited:
Kane will go to Madrid. Pretty sure that it's the only club for which he would sacrifice Shearer's record. If we get 80M for him, then so be it...

At least Benzema's retirement has given us some clarity as well regarding our summer plans. Whoever comes, be it Postecoglou or Luis Enrique, will need to think how he'll build his sunmer strategy to balance a squad without Kane.

I worry for anyone that genuinely thinks that he cares more about a scoring record than he does winning trophies

Mind boggling thought process
It's not that mind boggling. If he moves to City next year on a free, wins 2 PL titles and two cups, he'll be remembered more for being the PL top scorer. In ten years time he'll be introduced/branded as the all-time PL scorer. Trophies are obviously important to the legacy of a player/team/coach, but all-time scorer in a league is a singular achievement much greater than what any individual contributes to a title win. Only exceptions maybe Maradonna '86, Suarez if Liverpool had won in '14. A major trophy win will be a monkey off his back to be sure.

It's not that mind boggling. If he moves to City next year on a free, wins 2 PL titles and two cups, he'll be remembered more for being the PL top scorer. In ten years time he'll be introduced/branded as the all-time PL scorer. Trophies are obviously important to the legacy of a player/team/coach, but all-time scorer in a league is a singular achievement much greater than what any individual contributes to a title win. Only exceptions maybe Maradonna '86, Suarez if Liverpool had won in '14. A major trophy win will be a monkey off his back to be sure.
Wonder if Pep walks away if they do the treble? So might have someone else in charge come next summer.

Back
Top Bottom