Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you watch any of the clips on YouTube of him talking to his players, Postecoglou demands all of his players work hard for the full 90 minutes and calls them out when they start to get lazy.

I just can't see Ndombele doing what Postecoglou demands.

Maybe. As I said, it may not work out. But Ndombele didn’t have any problems doing 90mins for Lyon.

I just think Postecoglou also uses a cm3 that might suit Ndombele. Even if he uses Ndombele for 69 mins or as a sub (as he is known to swap out his 8’s due to intensity).

Be nice to be given a fair chance though. Could be a viable or useful squad option.

Maybe but City do have some kind of wage structure.

Do they need him enough to smash us out the park for a player they don't need in anyway.
Looked like he was parked at Southampton with the intention to bring back, a way around having loads of loans. He was rated at city but not ready. Would be shocked if this wasn't clear on both sides

I didn't want to engage with the stupidity of it quite frankly.

I just wanted a place to vent about my frustration around the subject.

I don't know why we are even looking at Maguire as a defensive option, it's a bad sign imo.

We're more than likely not..... I wouldn't let it bother you unless it becomes reality.

Last edited:
We're more than likely not..... I wouldn't let it bother you unless it becomes reality.

I get that Perisic happened but that was very much Levy trying to appease Conte (cynic in me wonders if he did it because he knew Conte's big targets at CB were never happening but I digress)

Unless Ange is absolutely determined that he must have Maguire, when has Levy ever come off as a man that wants to hand multi-year deals for 190k per week to a 30-year-old?

Just never realistic in a million years. On this one, we can all be relieved Levy sees things the way he does.

Maguire is not all that bad. His confidence was shot at United and he couldn’t recover. Better than dier for sure. He almost always looks good at England and was superb at Leicester. Price tag really was too much for him to handle
If he’s not good enough for Utd, he’s not good enough for us. This was the exact same reasoning Everton fans used to give whenever they buy an Iwobi, a schneiderlin, Rooney return, Lennon etc. IT NEVER WORKS

I didn't want to engage with the stupidity of it quite frankly.

I just wanted a place to vent about my frustration around the subject.

I don't know why we are even looking at Maguire as a defensive option, it's a bad sign imo.
Why should we not look at Maguire? Dier needs a friend. Hillarious clip but 1:34 its pure MagDier. Beautiful. Remarkable similarties with Dier.

Last edited:
I don't think it's ridiculous mate. I think both should be an option because this is where we are at. Young talented home and overseas players given an early chance to impress. We need to be come Dortmund under Ange. Some will fail Scott might be one but as you see with the lad at Sunderland they will be recyclable unlike our old dross
Good post. We can also afford to have a decent sized bench as Anges game seems to be about high intensity and needing to freshen up midfield and full backs from the hour mark

Back
Top Bottom