Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maguire is a player with maybe more hyperbole around him as a footballer than Dier, I'd also hasten to add that I highly suspect that Ange will rate Dier right off the bat and the usuals will continue fucking gurning as he plays regularly.

Harry Maguire is a far better player than the majority of our defence.

Cirkin is £6m buy back

Don't think Clarke has buy back or sell on clauses, was just a low fee with performance clauses that could take it up to £10m (don't know what the clauses are but probably things like sunderland promotion, appearances etc)
With Doherty needing releasing, it wouldn’t surprise me if nobody at the club was aware (due to insane turnover) that we have the Cirkin clause…

Makes loaning Sessegnon easier (or sale, but suspect not much chance there), whilst preserving some HG thus a fuller squad.

Clark will haunt us I’m sure of it, he became a man last season.

I have quite literally seen multiple people on social media saying that Maguire only failed because of the high price tag at United and him and Dier having England experience would be a good duo.

So yes, they are.

Did you take them to task.... Or are you saving that for us (the general populace of TFC) instead?

Social media, multiple people on twitter.

Not only that, we have numerous people in this thread alone making arguments for Maguire already just trying to cope with the possibility of him joining.

Some people have said all along that he's not as bad as the hype insists (ditto Pickford)..... Doesn't mean they want him here though.

Same Maguire who was arguably one of the English players that put in the consistently good performances at the World Cup, especially in light of the vast amounts of hyperbole around him.

HG, an actual leader, experienced, good passer, massive lad. Twice the player Lenglet/Sanchez are.

made up ITK nonsense, and even then who has the money for him, He cost us £50 million, he's contract is until 2027, he's a world champion and young
Levy would demand 80 to 100 million

I don't believe the ITK but it isn't against the realms of possibility that our players are unhappy at the moment.

He isn't going anywhere anyway

Same Maguire who was arguably one of the English players that put in the consistently good performances at the World Cup, especially in light of the vast amounts of hyperbole around him.

HG, an actual leader, experienced, good passer, massive lad. Twice the player Lenglet/Sanchez are.

Better than some make out.

Also 30, very high wages, not quick so not really suited to high line, has made a very bad habit of being accident prone in the Premier League.

International football can be a higher level tactically and often technically but prem is played at a relentless pace that requires faster decision-making and the ability to make good decisions at the limits of your fitness.

Is Maguire up to that level in the top end of the prem now?

He could go to a low block team, like West Ham or Everton and have a great season

Back
Top Bottom