Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who knows if this is true, but from what I've read about Ange he will not want to keep any player who doesn't want to be at his club or who doesn't 100% buy into his philosophy

I'm not too bothered about Romero staying or going tbh.

I don't see why it wouldn't be true, club is a mess at the moment.

Ange will change that though so I'm not worried about this. It's just a replay of the post Sherwood, pre Poch days - Jan and Eriksen were looking to leave before Poch changed it all around and no one is gonna come in with a significant bus for him now anyway.

Don’t give a toss about selling Romero, a truly top defender doesn’t have his attitude.

But dear god if we replace him with Maguire…:conteshock:

Got a chant lined up so it's all good

We've got Maguire at the back (clap clap)
Oh we've got Maguire
We've got Maguire

We've got Dier at the back (clap clap)
Oh we've got Dier
We've got Dier

We're really fucked at the back (clap clap)
Oh we're really fucked
We're really fucked

:nunothumb:

Got a chant lined up so it's all good

Oh we've got Maguire
We've got Maguire

Oh we've got Dier
We've got Dier

Oh we're really fucked
We're really fucked

:nunothumb:
The Toby and Vertongen song actually fits Maguire and Dier

Raya, Guehi, Kilman or Colwill, Scott

Raya and Scott are the 2 no-brainers for me.

Even if I was hoping we'd find a bigger GK, the rumours that Pickford is a target or Maguire might be needed as HG, Raya kills both those necessities and he's a decent keeper.

Scott can play the 8 and should fit short and long-term for Ange.

Would still get Eze as well.

Colwill is the dream signing but long shot.

Barnes as a squad option is a great shout.

How many HG does the squad need?

Raya and Scott are the 2 no-brainers for me.

Even if I was hoping we'd find a bigger GK, the rumours that Pickford is a target or Maguire might be needed as HG, Raya kills both those necessities and he's a decent keeper.

Scott can play the 8 and should fit short and long-term for Ange.

Would still get Eze as well.

Colwill is the dream signing but long shot.

Barnes as a squad option is a great shout.

How many HG does the squad need?

In European football, to register a full 25 man squad, you need eight HG players where at least four of them have to be club trained

I think the EPL rules are a little different. You are allowed to register 17 foreigners and eight HG but I don’t think there's anything about club trained players anymore

Whilst the big boys are fighting over Caicedo, Ugarte, Kone and Thuram we should poach Lavia who would also be HG

In European football, to register a full 25 man squad, you need eight HG players where at least four of them have to be club trained

I think the EPL rules are a little different. You are allowed to register 17 foreigners and eight HG but I don’t think there's anything about club trained players anymore

Whilst the big boys are fighting over Caicedo, Ugarte, Kone and Thuram we should poach Lavia who would also be HG
Lavia is HG?

Joined City in 2020, been in England since so needs a year or 2 more?

Even if he will be HG, get him in as your 6 and when he's ready, what a player.

Maguire is not all that bad. His confidence was shot at United and he couldn’t recover. Better than dier for sure. He almost always looks good at England and was superb at Leicester. Price tag really was too much for him to handle

He’s never disrespected the club or fans.

We are paying him. We are now getting a coach who plays a cm3 with two 8’s.

If by some chance he could make him work, it could save us a fortune and we’ve have a very good footballer.
If you watch any of the clips on YouTube of him talking to his players, Postecoglou demands all of his players work hard for the full 90 minutes and calls them out when they start to get lazy.

I just can't see Ndombele doing what Postecoglou demands.

Back
Top Bottom