Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
He’s never disrespected the club or fans.

We are paying him. We are now getting a coach who plays a cm3 with two 8’s.

If by some chance he could make him work, it could save us a fortune and we’ve have a very good footballer.
He has disrespected the fans and club though mate.

Simply by being unprofessional.

He's a talented lad but with us potentially losing our talisman, Son getting older and others not quite at it we need people we can count on. I don't think we can count on him

He’s never disrespected the club or fans.

We are paying him. We are now getting a coach who plays a cm3 with two 8’s.

If by some chance he could make him work, it could save us a fortune and we’ve have a very good footballer.
In theory he would fit the tactics as he is brave on the ball and can beat a player. Just a shame he has no motivation.

They might not have a choice if they can’t start shifting players and Poch isn’t able to bring anyone in
I think Chelski would much rather sell him to Brighton than Spurs even if they'd get less for him. They may insert a buy back clause. And, honestly, I think Brighton is just as attractive destination as Spurs right now with European football and De Zerbi as head coach.
Spurs may also not be able to shift players.
I really want Colwill, though, but I am realistic :cool:

He might have a clean slate with the manager but fans have longer memories.
We are never getting past him ambling off the field when losing to Morecambe.
Sure thing, George Graham.

Go Ahead Yes GIF

I think he's a bust but it would be a bit silly to not let Ange work with him to see what he can get out of him, unfortunately no-one wants him and he still has 2 years left so it makes more sense to at least try and get some mileage out of him and not completely cast him off.
He’s another one like Lo Celso that fits into Ange’s system. I’m not saying for a second that we should keep him but maybe Ange can get the best out of players that other managers couldn’t. The thing is with those two is that they are very technically gifted players that can create. It’s trying to get them to work like fuck and stay fit.

Bringing in lead footed Maguire is one of the dumbest fucking ideas I’ve ever read. I don’t believe the rumours because nobody can be that fucking stupid. How in the fuck can we move higher up the pitch as a unit with a fucking brontosaurus in defence? Fuck this shit. Fuck off. Fuck.
Wouldn’t worry too much. For many years as soon as the transfer window is open Spurs get linked with anyone with a pulse. I think Levy will be well aware of the discontent amongst fans with his chairmanship and even he can’t think that buying United reserves will appease the situation. 🙏

Maguire would be a pretty unimaginative and underwhelming signing as there are (much) better and younger center-backs available in Europe.

Especially for the money because he won't be cheap at all either.

Maguire would be a pretty unimaginative and underwhelming signing as there are (much) better and younger center-backs available in Europe.

Especially for the money because he won't be cheap at all either.

I suspect it’s just his agent going to work. We’ve no serious designs on signing him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to newcastle. Chelsea have been linked in the past too and will need home grown players as they’re selling all theirs off.

Doesn't Ange want ball playing center backs? Not refrigerators
Saying this with limited knowledge as I don’t watch them all the time, but I’ve not seen much evidence of this.

They like to get the ball upfield quickly and this looks like it starts with Hart quickly getting rid of the ball into midfield or to the full backs. Don’t really see the centre backs (generally CCV and a Swedish bloke whose name escapes me).

Looks to me that he’s happy with two big handy bastards that don’t have to do much other than defend and kick the ball forward, hopefully to their own player, but at least into a midfield with quick closing down happening.

If what I’ve seen is reflective of his general tactics, Maguire may not be the worst addition.

I’ll be back in an hour or so for all my disagrees. 👍

Martin Litpon interviewed on Newstalk Ireland this morning about the Postecoglou appointment. Pretty sure he's a Spurs fan, also chief sports reporter at the Sun, formerly of Daily Mirror.. so you know, grain of salt. But seemed fairly convinced Tottenham want David Raya, Raya wants Tottenham, and there has been talks during the season and in the last couple of weeks.
Yeah, this transfer link has been going on for a long time now (and it's been clear we needed succession planning with Lloris on the way out).

It also appears to be the strongest transfer rumour links currently in the media regarding us. I say it gets done pretty quickly.

Yeah, this transfer link has been going on for a long time now (and it's been clear we needed succession planning with Lloris on the way out).

It also appears to be the strongest transfer rumour links currently in the media regarding us. I say it gets done pretty quickly.

Raya probably not the first name I’d come to for GK but he’s low risk and homegrown.
30m ish seems like a meet in the middle spot

If Maguire and Kilman are the ilk of CBs we're looking to bring in , we might as well stick with Dier and Sanchez and all just go home

Back
Top Bottom