Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who knows if this is true, but from what I've read about Ange he will not want to keep any player who doesn't want to be at his club or who doesn't 100% buy into his philosophy

I'm not too bothered about Romero staying or going tbh.
Not too bothered about a defender anyway unless he is on prime Toby or Jan's level, which is clearly not the case.

Romero is a perfectly fine centre-back on his day, but also very replaceable.

Who knows if this is true, but from what I've read about Ange he will not want to keep any player who doesn't want to be at his club or who doesn't 100% buy into his philosophy

We have one capable CB.

Before even starting to add a 2nd there’s rumors or leaks about the one we do have.

Great

I suspect it’s just his agent going to work. We’ve no serious designs on signing him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to newcastle. Chelsea have been linked in the past too and will need home grown players as they’re selling all theirs off.

I think we wanted him when Poch was here.

I look at players like Burns at Newcastle and Dunk at Brighton who seem to be doing well for managers that like their teams to play from the back and Maguire is as good as them imo. He is overall better than the likes of Gabriel at Woolwich, Koulibaly at Chelsea, Mings at Villa

I'm not too bothered about Romero staying or going tbh

Good player, with potential to be great...

But the little twat has done it again with calling injury for club and then declaring fit for nation.

I'd imagine there is some truth, he probably feels after the WC win that he is stuck at a club with no real outlook for silverware. Fair fucks, but there are professional ethics and respect to employers and fans.

Also this is ITK & a Tier 3 ITK at that.. anything to do with the media you've got to take as entertainment these days, it's all for clicks and such. It's all bollocks, especially in football.

Regardless, we'll see how Romero goes with Ange. He won't be leaving the club this summer

Colwill and Tomori are the only English cbs worth looking at atm. Should be breaking the bank for them, rather than break the bank filling the squad with the tripe linked today.
High Five Christmas GIF by Celtic Football Club

I think we wanted him when Poch was here.

I look at players like Burns at Newcastle and Dunk at Brighton who seem to be doing well for managers that like their teams to play from the back and Maguire is as good as them imo. He is overall better than the likes of Gabriel at Woolwich, Koulibaly at Chelsea, Mings at Villa

Nope.

Too slow for a high line, makes loads of mistakes. Old and very high wages.

Luckily there is no chance we are signing him

I think the biggest reason to keep him is to prevent a complete upheaval at CB this summer. Currently, he's the only one we wouldn't otherwise listen to offers for. Reassess in a year.

THIS is a club move. Why the fuck does this guy get another chance even after disrespecting the club and the fans?

Ndombele probably won’t become the player we thought we were getting but even if he becomes a supersub against tired legs then he’s a fun player who has technical quality. Not like we’re going to get big money for him

He has disrespected the fans and club though mate.

Simply by being unprofessional.

He's a talented lad but with us potentially losing our talisman, Son getting older and others not quite at it we need people we can count on. I don't think we can count on him
Not just by being lazy. His comments have also been pretty disrespectful towards Mourinho back when the crazy bastard was doing individual training with the fat bastard during lockdown. Mourinho did his best to get him fit and somewhat firing, and when asked all he could say was that he got better with regular game time, not Mourinho going the extra mile for him.

Not just by being lazy. His comments have also been pretty disrespectful towards Mourinho back when the crazy bastard was doing individual training with the fat bastard during lockdown. Mourinho did his best to get him fit and somewhat firing, and when asked all he could say was that he got better with regular game time, not Mourinho going the extra mile for him.
LOL. It was literally one training session during a global-pandemic lockdown.

WTF are you talking about?

It's incredible how people wind stuff up in their head to become something it's not.

Tanguy Ndombele: 'If you know Mourinho then you understand how he behaves'​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom