Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

THIS is a club move. Why the fuck does this guy get another chance even after disrespecting the club and the fans?

He’s never disrespected the club or fans.

We are paying him. We are now getting a coach who plays a cm3 with two 8’s.

If by some chance he could make him work, it could save us a fortune and we’ve have a very good footballer.

He’s never disrespected the club or fans.

We are paying him. We are now getting a coach who plays a cm3 with two 8’s.

If by some chance he could make him work, it could save us a fortune and we’ve have a very good footballer.
I think the closest he ever came was that slow walk off the pitch when we were losing in the FA Cup. Hardly tossing the shirt on the ground, though.

It's a shame that playing a part in the Napoli league winning side apparently wasn't enough to make him sellable, but if Big Ange wants to take a look at him then so be it. Can't imagine there's a world in which he presses enough to please him, however.

:ange-confused:

Think we're just wasting time on any player that has failed here under multiple coaches. Ndombele has failed under Poch, Mourinho, Nono, Conte. He was used sparingly by Spaletti and wasn't wanted longer.
Same logic for GLC, same for Rodon. Same for Winks. To some degree, same for Gil who just needs to go back to Spain, it's almost cruel to keep him in England only to end up on the bench again

If Maguire is one of the two CBs that are needed this summer then that would be pretty underwhelming. He has mostly the right profile but lacks pace and is 30 years old. He’s 4th choice at MUFC as well now

In the insane scenario where all 4 of Rodon, Tanganga, Dier and Sanchez leave then I’d take him + 2 more CBs I suppose 😂
Doesn't Ange want ball playing center backs? Not refrigerators

Bringing in lead footed Maguire is one of the dumbest fucking ideas I’ve ever read. I don’t believe the rumours because nobody can be that fucking stupid. How in the fuck can we move higher up the pitch as a unit with a fucking brontosaurus in defence? Fuck this shit. Fuck off. Fuck.

Bringing in lead footed Maguire is one of the dumbest fucking ideas I’ve ever read. I don’t believe the rumours because nobody can be that fucking stupid. How in the fuck can we move higher up the pitch as a unit with a fucking brontosaurus in defence? Fuck this shit. Fuck off. Fuck.
Relaxed about this it's Maguires desperate agent and paper silly season zero truth is it.

Back
Top Bottom