Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry to link to the Mail...

The Australian wants Spurs to sign James Maddison - relegated with Leicester, Wolves defender Max Kilman and Spanish goalkeeper David Raya, who has repeatedly turned down a new contract at Brentford.

Seems to me we'd sign Kilman over Maguire.

Let's just start rationalizing why he could be ok here....
Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe Clan

Maguire would have been a more accceptable signing under Conte for the central position in a deeper lying back three. Poor lad has had a calamitous few years the more United have tried to push forward their defensive line under late-Solsjkaer, Ragnick and now
Ten Hag. Kilman not really good enough either. Guehi might be the safest option, I think he'd do a good job, not sure how high the ceiling would be but he's a good player. Quietly think Pau Torres is better than given credit for and has improved defensively over the last 2yrs, still you'd have doubts about him, great ball player though he is. Have to start getting these decisions right

If Maguire is one of the two CBs that are needed this summer then that would be pretty underwhelming. He has mostly the right profile but lacks pace and is 30 years old. He’s 4th choice at MUFC as well now

In the insane scenario where all 4 of Rodon, Tanganga, Dier and Sanchez leave then I’d take him + 2 more CBs I suppose 😂

Maguire of England duty is a great defender, because he is asked to defend first and not play on the half way line.

If that's what Ange wants out of him then great, he's a good player. But if we're going to bring him in and expect to play a high line then he's just as useless as he is at United.

Fucking hell, I get the need for homegrown players but we are being linked to absolute tripe. Kilman and Maguire are Everton level signings and they'll have us right down there. Absolute garbage players.

Last edited:
Maguire of England duty is a great defender, because he is asked to defend first and not play on the half way line.

If that's what Ange wants out of him then great, he's a good player. But if we're going to bring him in and expect to play a high line then he's just as useless as he is at United.

England played on the front foot in the World Cup and have been since then - 2nd highest average possession in the tournament behind Spain...

Back
Top Bottom