Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
He’s really not that good. If this is the level of player our fans are happy with now, we’re really on a downward trend. As you say, squad player..? Sure. Anything else and eek.

He’s awful in the air & defensively questionable. Basically a home grown Lenglet. Wolves fans don’t seem to rate him much either.
yeh agree on this. Even Nathan Collins at Wolves is a better player imo.

Loads of links and could be cobblers but the likes of Kilman, Ward Prowse and Maquire are just nowhere near good enough. We'd just be shipping out one lot of crap for another. I get that we need homegrown players but need a bit more imagination than that like Olise, Eze, Tomori, Barnes, Scott.

Loads of links and could be cobblers but the likes of Kilman, Ward Prowse and Maquire are just nowhere near good enough. We'd just be shipping out one lot of crap for another. I get that we need homegrown players but need a bit more imagination than that like Olise, Eze, Tomori, Barnes, Scott.

We're also linked with Maddison Barnes and Raya. It's obvious we're after HG talent this summer.

Some horrific links this last couple of days that I really hope are just agents putting their players names about. This can’t finally be the summer we move on Dier and his ilk only to pad the squad with more shite like maguire, kilman and Ward Prowse.

Some horrific links this last couple of days that I really hope are just agents putting their players names about. This can’t finally be the summer we move on Dier and his ilk only to pad the squad with more shite like maguire, kilman and Ward Prowse.

Yep looks like we are back to MOTD scouting :harrysmile:

£30m then

Raya is worth £40m easy; especially with United and Chelsea after him as well. A cut price deal for Raya is laughable.

And this, in a nutshell, is the main flaw with our recruitment. There is a proven quality person in a position we need who is available for a premium and then there is another person available on loan or at a cut price rate who might be all right.

We invariably go for the person who "might be all right".

If we are going to lose Kane this summer, I would say that the first thing we have to improve is the defensive positions. We have to assume that we won't score as many goals so reducing the amount we let in is going to be all the more important. Brian Clough used to say that a good goalkeeper is worth 30 points a season and I firmly believe that Jordan Pickford was the difference that kept Everton up and relegated Leeds and Leicester. There are lots of teams that go down who can score goals but concede left, right and centre. It's defensive form that keeps a team up.

£30m then

More like deadline day brinkmanship that fails miserably

Followed by a phone call from Levy to Ange saying “ you better ask Pat Jennings if he still has his old boots “

I am behind Ange but let’s not kid ourselves that Levy will deliver what Ange wants , Levy has not changed .
So he will need to succeed in spite of Levy in my opinion

Raya is worth £40m easy; especially with United and Chelsea after him as well. A cut price deal for Raya is laughable.

And this, in a nutshell, is the main flaw with our recruitment. There is a proven quality person in a position we need who is available for a premium and then there is another person available on loan or at a cut price rate who might be all right.

We invariably go for the person who "might be all right".

If we are going to lose Kane this summer, I would say that the first thing we have to improve is the defensive positions. We have to assume that we won't score as many goals so reducing the amount we let in is going to be all the more important. Brian Clough used to say that a good goalkeeper is worth 30 points a season and I firmly believe that Jordan Pickford was the difference that kept Everton up and relegated Leeds and Leicester. There are lots of teams that go down who can score goals but concede left, right and centre. It's defensive form that keeps a team up.

£40m with 1 year left on his contract, I'm not so sure.

For reference Woolwich paid £24m for Ramsdale, Chelsea paid the same for Mendy, Ederson was £35m

More like deadline day brinkmanship that fails miserably

Followed by a phone call from Levy to Ange saying “ you better ask Pat Jennings if he still has his old boots “

I am behind Ange but let’s not kid ourselves that Levy will deliver what Ange wants , Levy has not changed .
So he will need to succeed in spite of Levy in my opinion
Of course Levy won't provide Angie with what he wants.

If Levy backed our managers, Angie wouldn't be here.

Back
Top Bottom