Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Could be the way forward, managers to literally buy their own players.
Levy ahead of the curve
But Levy keeps the money when they get sold

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

I really think we should be all out for him, with what he brings to the table I think he would play every minute for us, we're in a unique position to offer that which the other top 6 clubs can't, and with Leicester down we represent an attractive lifeboat. I think the Geordies will get him though, I don't think we'll make a serious offer.
He'll not play every minute, he's the new Darren Anderton...

He'll not play every minute, he's the new Darren Anderton...
Not entirely sure I understand? He's played 30+ league games every season for leicester over 5 years, so he's no sicksicknote, and ability wise he is better imo but a player of darrens quality adjusted for the modern game would walk into this team, piece of piss.

Not entirely sure I understand? He's played 30+ league games every season for leicester over 5 years, so he's no sicksicknote, and ability wise he is better imo but a player of darrens quality adjusted for the modern game would walk into this team, piece of piss.
3 separate knee injuries this season, those tend to get worse as time goes on.

Jumpy twat, he’s all over the place. Want a calming keeper after Lloris

I don’t really want him either but imo he’s no worse at all than a Raya (both solid upper mid table level keepers) but one is rated much more highly than the other.

I don’t really want him either but imo he’s no worse at all than a Raya (both solid upper mid table level keepers) but one is rated much more highly than the other.
It’s the style of keeper that’s important…. A keeper that catches, and relaxes on the ball is what I want. Pickford has ADHD and is all over the place, leaping about and yelling and pumping balls 100 yards. F off you northern dick

This is the full sentence from the Times article in question:

"Postecoglou, who is due to travel to Greece on Tuesday, will have to work within the club’s means in the transfer market after Conte tried to pressure Spurs to spend significantly."

Conte spent near enough £200,000,000 without confirming Porro and Kulusevski prices, two players he signed. It's a ridiculous quote. Conte himself spent a significant amount.

We'll spend a minimum £100,000,000 this summer. That'll include Porro and Kulusevski figures and probably four or so signings on top of that in a goalkeeper, centre back and a midfielder or two and fuck off a fair few players who should no longer be here.

Let's hope these footballers can actually be coached

This is the full sentence from the Times article in question:

"Postecoglou, who is due to travel to Greece on Tuesday, will have to work within the club’s means in the transfer market after Conte tried to pressure Spurs to spend significantly."

Nonsense based on pure speculation but won't stop some people twisting it to shape their own narrative, that's the problem with this vague nonsense which is based on guesswork, they can be left open to interpretation

Ange Postecoglou is supposed to like a high press - really cannot believe that the unathletic Ndombele can do any form of press.

If he's not on a sell list its because he's not saleable, not that we want to keep him.

The players loaned out that we probably want to sell this summer are likely to be Ndombele, Lo Celso, Reguilon and Winks.

After that we need to improve our defence given the number of goals we conceded - so a new GK and 2 CB's meaning Lloris leaves and Lenglet loan likely not to be made permanent, and Tanganga likely to leave (played too few games in last 4 years ..... needed to have been laned out to get experience). That gives us Romero, 2 new CB's and Dier as our 4 CB's - Davies going to be the alternative LB/LWB to Udoggie - as I'm expecting us to play 4 atb..

After that we need a forward to replace Moura - I'd go for either Maddison or Barnes to also give an HG player (which ew are very short of) : Barnes can be a good option if Son does not recover form. Maddison is right sided and a good creator/scorer.

So 4 in so far - GK, 2 CB's and an AM ..... but we will probably try to get in 6+ in of decent quality within funds available.

If Kane moves on, we clearly need another striker.

After that quite a few areas we could upgrade on, just depends on manager's choice to allocate remaining funds - whether that's a new CM or whatever. Maybe funds for 2 more ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom