Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Says the man that posts every link, article and tweet he can get his hands on; with no filter, no matter how shitty the source. :nunothumb:
Says a man who replies to and tries to find an argument with every single post every day...:cool:
And you still fail to see the irony why I post those links :D
Besides, there is NO relation between what I said and the links I post.

Looks like he plays with a single pivot #6 (Bissouma, Bentancur maybe) and x2 8's (erm.. Ndombele and Lo Celso but that might not be popular)

Maybe Kulu or Gil could work as one of the 8's.
Was thinking Skipp might be the backup DM to Bissouma with Bentancur as an 8. Bissouma probably in most games where you need to break teams down and maybe Skipp if we need to rotate or in more open games in a similar role to how he played at Norwich

Was thinking Skipp might be the backup DM to Bissouma with Bentancur as an 8. Bissouma probably in most games where you need to break teams down and maybe Skipp if we need to rotate or in more open games in a similar role to how he played at Norwich
Macgregor sits in the holding role at Celtic but all there players are encouraged to get forward, so not sure Ange will like players who predominantly play backwards and sideways. Winks for example would be an Ange player at all

Macgregor sits in the holding role at Celtic but all there players are encouraged to get forward, so not sure Ange will like players who predominantly play backwards and sideways. Winks for example would be an Ange player at all
I hate to say it, but Tanguy - if by some miracle can get his shit together, would thrive in Ange's system

Somewhere in all this will need to be an acceptance that Celtic trump the rest of the league in terms of player quality......Whereas we trump some, are matched by some and outgunned by others.

The outgoings show the true intention of where we want to be as opposed to the incomings so let's see, if we get rid of this lot then we are taking a massive step in the right direction.

Having no European football also means the chance of a slightly slimmed down squad, we don’t have to replace every player and maybe even a few top youth players can step up. No excuse not to push as many unsuitable players out. Last time we did this was at the start of the Poch era.

Missed some text:

“Harry Maguire is a CHEAP home grown option”

Surely with the likes of Tomori, Guehi, Kilmam scouted as younger HG options not known for howlers every game, the only reason Maguire is on the table is price.

Only Spurs could have a season with the most individual errors leading to goals and decide to add a player in a key position, well known for individual errors…

Manu used to be competition for us, they paid money to get this guy out of their club.

You can’t tell me Ange has asked for Maguire before even signing his contract, this would be a club only disaster signing

Missed some text:

“Harry Maguire is a CHEAP home grown option”

Surely with the likes of Tomori, Guehi, Kilmam scouted as younger HG options not known for howlers every game, the only reason Maguire is on the table is price.

Only Spurs could have a season with the most individual errors leading to goals and decide to add a player in a key position, well known for individual errors…

Manu used to be competition for us, they paid money to get this guy out of their club.

You can’t tell me Ange has asked for Maguire before even signing his contract, this would be a club only disaster signing

With Dier leaving we need an experienced calamity to fill his shoes

Back
Top Bottom