Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thought the same. Somebody made the point that his issues with short passing could be just as much about the way Brentford play and the lack of options.

End of the day, he's homegrown and actually pretty decent at the goal-keeping part.

I think that’s definitely part of it. One of the most frequent combinations last season throughout the whole league was Raya to Toney. Short passing wasn’t part of their tactics. So stats are probably misleading on this one.

Maddison would be great, he can play RW and maybe even on the left if needed too. It would be so nice if he could adapt as a 8. Yeah there’s concerns about his pressing but if we have the majority of the ball most games, he will win us points on his own. He unlocks low blocks.

Should be a straightforward £35-40m transfer

Not sure where you got your stats mate but these passing completion% stats would mean he's probably the best passer in world football

Mores to the point I don't think they reflect much in relation to a GK..... it's the kind of passes, the fluency and fluidity of short passing that's gonna make a difference in terms of a GK playing it around the back.

Unless they're an absolute train wreck you wouldn't expect a great deal of incomplete short passes.

Last edited:
Maddison would be great, he can play RW and maybe even on the left if needed too. It would be so nice if he could adapt as a 8. Yeah there’s concerns about his pressing but if we have the majority of the ball most games, he will win us points on his own. He unlocks low blocks.

:levystare:

Yeah, I was shoehorning him in and mentioned that. Just the point being is that is the type of player we need on the left and maybe a left-footed one as Ange apparently wants his WF's wide.
[/
As long as they have pace and can deliver then Ange will love them. I can honestly see Porro playing as a wide forward for us. He’s willing to work back,aggressive in the press,is a goal threat,can finish and has a great delivery. He’s ready made to play wide of the 3 up front.

The more Hatate clips I watch the more I hope he comes with Ange. He's a real box to box midfielder. High energy and score goals and create them for others.
I think he’s a must as we’d get him cheap and fits the system. We need energy and ability to our midfield and he ticks both boxes. He’s definitely not a gamble at 15 million max

Perfect for us in the forward midfielder role. He’s the type we’ve not had since Eriksen and in the Ange 4-3-3 will give us so much threat going forward.
Nothing like Eriksen sadly. Eriksen worked his arse off especially when it came to closing down players. Maddison is very lazy off the ball and anything over £35m is a waste of money a;so missed 30 games for Leicester over the years.

If you have Kane, Son and Maddison in your press, how likely are you to have the majority of the ball in most games?

Perfect for us in the forward midfielder role. He’s the type we’ve not had since Eriksen and in the Ange 4-3-3 will give us so much threat going forward.
But Ange needs guys who press relentlessly. I think he would have been perfect as an AM under the old regimes (or Mason’s 4-2-3-1), but I’m not totally sold that he fits what Ange wants to do.

I’m also skeptical that all these reports may be coming from Maddison’s agents to try to pressure some other team to buy him - not a real sign that we want him.

Back
Top Bottom