Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
No idea what you mean, Kulusevski usualy plays as Richarlison flounders. in fact he often flounders himself.
I just mean those are two assets we've spent money on, same as Richarlison, and we can't have them left to compete over one position while Richy does nothing with a sole hold on CF.

Trouble is, can either of them play on the left? Maybe Johnson through the middle? Maybe 4-4-2 with Johnson and Son up top and Kulusevski wide right?

It’s 20 million. That’s more than we paid for our keeper and what we offered for a backup CB.
You don’t just throw away 20 million.
If you think anyone is going to buy this lump given his physical shape, attitude and utter lack of professionalism you are deluded.
We may be able to loan him in future windows and get some wages off the books, but that means we have to keep him in shape and waste a loan slot that should go to an academy player we need to give minutes too.

He needs to go and take the hit. he is the biggest mistake the club ever made, an absolute disgrace of a human being who just wants to leech off the club for the remainder of his contract without doing his job. How we can't manufacture a sacking for gross misconduct is everything wrong with the player power in the game.

But he just needs to go.

I just mean those are two assets we've spent money on, same as Richarlison, and we can't have them left to compete over one position while Richy does nothing with a sole hold on CF.

Trouble is, can either of them play on the left? Maybe Johnson through the middle? Maybe 4-4-2 with Johnson and Son up top and Kulusevski wide right?
We should have bought a better CF in this window than Richarlison. Son needs to be replaced soon too by the looks of things.

We seem to be landing more hits than misses lately, which is nice. Early days but yeah, him, Vicario and Maddison seem to be settling in well early.

VDV too.

Udogie + Bissouma have .. and I hate this cliche but it seems appropriate, been like new signings.

Sarr in that respect too.

There are positives. So I won’t say we’ve had a shit window. But I will say it feels short of being a good one.

It's fucking weird how so much of the window ended up centering around a back-up CB for me......

We should have bought a better CF in this window than Richarlison. Son needs to be replaced soon too by the looks of things.
We'll see.

If Richy and Son are both not fit for high level PL play we're just fucked.

If Johnson doesn't have the end product to generate goals for himself and others we're fucked.

You've gotta have good players. We've acquired a fair few in the past two years thankfully. The team full of them Poch had has only one (at most) left.

Doesn’t apply to club-trained U-21s.
N’Dombele isn’t taking an academy player’s loan spot.
So you'd keep him around the periphery of the club in the hopes of saving a few poxy quid if some mugs loan him?

He's not going to be sold because nobody in their right mind is going to come close to matching our wages on somebody that can't be trusted to even act like a professional.

And Levy is innocent in this?

Guilty? Innocent? .....What a childish prism to view things through.

Chairmen generally just do what they think best for their club and drive as hard a bargain as they think they can get away with.

He asks a fair price and always pays what a player is worth.

Look at the Porro fiasco. We ended up paying more because he tried to shave off his famous 5 Million and waited till the end.

That's not what happened at all.......

Can't be arsed to explan to you because a) You've probably been told at least 5 times already and b) you're too thick to understand basic concepts anyway.

Teams have learnt that Levy always wants to win so they now allow him to win on their terms.

I'm sure that sounded very clever as you were writing it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom