Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
In know that this would be a very (over)ambitious transfer plan – and I even doubt that Inácio
and Antonio Silva would want to join Spurs (so alternative would be Tapsoba & van de Ven).
And, of course, the prices I put up can be debated.
But here we go…

KEEPERS

In:

Vicario 17M

Out:
Lloris
Whiteman

DEFENDERS

In:

Antonio Silva (release clause €100=) £85
Inácio (release clause €145=) £38
Tosin £17m
= 140m

Out:
Romeros 55m
Rodon 10m
Sanchez 10m
Tanganga 15m
Dier 10m
Sessegnon 10m
Reguilon 10m
= 120m

MIDFIELD

In
:
Maddison 40m
Alex Scott 25m
Gravenberch 25m
Arthur Vermeeren 25m
=115m

Out:
Højbjerg 30m
Winks 10m
Lo Celso 15m
Ndombele 15m
White 5m
=75m

FORWARDS

In
:
Sancho 40m
Højlund 65m
Mohammed Kudus 45m
=150m

Out:
Kane 80m
Richarlison 45m
Parrot 5m
Gil 20m
= 150m

Expenditure = 402m
Income= 345m

Spurs XI
Vicario
Porro, Antonio Silva, Inácio, Udogie
Bissouma, Gravenberch (Bentancur when back), Maddison
Sancho, Højlund, Kudus

Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

In know that this would be a very (over)ambitious transfer plan – and I even doubt that Inácio
and Antonio Silva would want to join Spurs (so alternative would be Tapsoba & van de Ven).
But here we go…

KEEPERS

In:

Vicario 17M

Out:
Lloris
Whiteman

DEFENDERS

In:

Tosin £17m
= 140m

Out:
Romeros 55m
Rodon 10m
Sanchez 10m
Tanganga 15m
Dier 10m
Sessegnon 10m
Reguilon 10m
= 120m

MIDFIELD

In
:
Maddison 40m
Alex Scott 25m
Gravenberch 25m
Arthur Vermeeren 25m
=115m

Out:
Højbjerg 30m
Winks 10m
Lo Celso 15m
Ndombele 15m
White 5m
=75m

FORWARDS

In
:
Sancho 40m
Højlund 65m
Mohammed Kudus 45m
=150m

Out:
Kane 80m
Richarlison 45m
Parrot 5m
Gil 20m
= 150m

Expenditure = 402m
Income= 345m

Spurs XI
Vicario
Sancho, Højlund, Kudus
This is unrealistic even for Fifa manager mode. Looks great on paper though.

I remember a time where I was criticised for my fairly modest transfer plans.

But here we go…

KEEPERS

In:

Vicario 17M

Out:
Lloris
Whiteman

DEFENDERS

In:

Tosin £17m
= 140m

Out:
Romeros 55m
Rodon 10m
Sanchez 10m
Tanganga 15m
Dier 10m
Sessegnon 10m
Reguilon 10m
= 120m

MIDFIELD

In
:
Maddison 40m
Alex Scott 25m
Gravenberch 25m
Arthur Vermeeren 25m
=115m

Out:
Højbjerg 30m
Winks 10m
Lo Celso 15m
Ndombele 15m
White 5m
=75m

FORWARDS

In
:
Sancho 40m
Højlund 65m
Mohammed Kudus 45m
=150m

Out:
Kane 80m
Richarlison 45m
Parrot 5m
Gil 20m
= 150m

Expenditure = 402m
Income= 345m

Spurs XI
Vicario
Sancho, Højlund, Kudus
A few things stick out here, the biggest being the idea we have any hope in hell of getting 375k/week Sancho, convincing anyone who has watched him play give us £30m for hojbjerg or any money at all for Tanganga, Dier and Rodon, and the idea that settling 11 new players is even feasible in one season, especially under a new manager. We aren't the Chavs under Boehly, expect at the very most 3 more signings.

Tapsoba & van de Ven are spotted in the Spurs shop trying on the shirt . Tapsoba is practicing holding air-trophies in case Spurs agree a fee with Leverkusen :cool:

While van de Ven is crossing his fingers that he'll be the one joining Spurs...

Has Levy started try-outs in the club shop? Is 10 laps go karting the next step?

But here we go…

KEEPERS

In:

Vicario 17M

Out:
Lloris
Whiteman

DEFENDERS

In:

Tosin £17m
= 140m

Out:
Romeros 55m
Rodon 10m
Sanchez 10m
Tanganga 15m
Dier 10m
Sessegnon 10m
Reguilon 10m
= 120m

MIDFIELD

In
:
Maddison 40m
Alex Scott 25m
Gravenberch 25m
Arthur Vermeeren 25m
=115m

Out:
Højbjerg 30m
Winks 10m
Lo Celso 15m
Ndombele 15m
White 5m
=75m

FORWARDS

In
:
Sancho 40m
Højlund 65m
Mohammed Kudus 45m
=150m

Out:
Kane 80m
Richarlison 45m
Parrot 5m
Gil 20m
= 150m

Expenditure = 402m
Income= 345m

Spurs XI
Vicario
Sancho, Højlund, Kudus
Incredible stuff. Have you thought about becoming a director of football? I feel like your talents are wasted doing whatever it is you do now.

Loys of people think that. I actually agree with it. Spain could never have healed like it has without it. We are vengeful and have long memories

I understand the desire to heal, but burying the past indefinitely will likely serve to see similar failings be repeated later down the line.

History needs to be taught; not hidden from.

Last edited:
He was not good enough to start ahead of money loving geriatric Willian
I registered specially for you, I'm amazed by the confidence you are showing when you obviously know f*ck all about him, so here read and learn,
Solomon was on the radar of few teams b4 the war in Ukraine, Woolwich had a bid of 20m rejected (Atalanta and Roma as well) once the war broke foreign players from that league were allowed to find other teams, Solomon & Shakhtar had an agreement with Fulham for transfer fee of 6m Euro which was the price Shakhtar bought him for from a small team in Israel, already a huge loss for the club, a day before they were suppose to complete the steal of a deal UEFA came out with a new rule that all foreign players from the Ukrainian league can go on free loan for one year and then the players (if still under contract) go back to their mother club, Solomon original contract with Shakhtar ends in December -2023, Fulham "jumped" on the opportunity to "save" 6m which is a laughable fee for such a player, Solomon got injured (1st time in his career) and was out 'till February when he came on as a sub and had an amazing stretch, by that point the fools in Fulham realized the HUGE mistake they have made of not sealing the deal for 6m they benched him hoping his cost won't rise and for other clubs to let off, that is basically the story,
You have signed a world-class dribbler that merits 2-defenders to guard him, he will be a fan favorite no question about it, he is loved by everyone in Israel even more so then Yossi, you're getting a player I rate at £30m right know with so much room upwards, he is 23yo and so much room to improve on that the final package can be scary 4-5 years ahead, you're already made a profit from the deal, I'm not a fan of Spurs though I never wished you ill, no matter what he is a joy to watch so enjoy him.

I understand the desire to heal, but burying the past indefinitely will likely serve to see similar failings be repeated later down the line.

History needs to be taught; not hidden from.
Well there has been some lifting of the pact in recent years now that anyone who could be prosecuted is probably deceased. It’s still a sore issue. Like i know lots of people my parents’ age and have no idea what side they were on. And i’d like to keep it that way. I suppose you have to grow up here to know why that is a good thing

Well, we're going to lose Sanchez. Which leaves us with Dier, Romero, Tanganga and Rodon as our centre halves (I don't think Davies plays cb in a back four).. So I'd say yes, he upgrades our starting cb for the season.

We will get errors. But i think we'd get errors with Tapsoba too. That's Ange football. Mistakes will be made because it's high risk high reward football.
I like the signing. I’ve seen a little of VDV and he has raw potential but is a long long way from the finished article.

For me the issue is “what is our transfer strategy”.

If we’re signing young talent to blood into the first XI and allowing them to grow whilst getting game time (as I think we should BTW), why aren’t we cashing in on Kane and / or Son?

It feels like we’re running 2 timelines here….

1) Immediate need to win this season and find some sort of incentive beyond loyalty for Kane to stay.

2) Building a young, talented squad that could be absolute top class by 2025.

All the signings scream a long term plan to me, which I’m all in favour of. The dismissal of offers for Kane and Som scream “win now”.

It feels like we need to commit to one of those timelines.

Of course much of this could change with further transfers over the course the window….

Back
Top Bottom