Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lo Celso will move on this summer - last chance to sell him for a fee - and Hojbjerg will also move on.

We really need to improve the HG options at the club - this season Sessegnon occupies one of those spots - but we've actually got a few choices of good quality CM's who are HG who might be available, so we could tick off another objective by buying one of these as Lo Celso replacement:

- Eze (Palace) could cover both CM providing cover to Maddison plus cover LW
- White- Gibbs (Notts Forest ). Available if Notts Forest relegated and of course they have ffp issues and might need to sell. Could cover CM and LW
- Dewsbury-Hall (Leicester) Available if not promoted and of course ffp issues. Versatile, think he might be best as a left sided CM.

I'm not on the Gallagher hype train, and think the 3 above are probably better

Price might be as low as £25m if ffp prices but more realistically up to £45m ish.

If we don't get a competent winger next season it will be more of the same. Can't have kulu at rw again next season

Likewise if a good striker becomes available again its something to look at. As for midfield eze or gibbs white are solid picks and homegrown

OUTs:
DEFENCE: Spence, Rodon, Reg. Sess
MF: PEH. GLC, McDombele
ATTACK: Gil, Perisic (already gone), Werner (loan ends), Parrot (?)

Also possibly (depending on Ange's plans): Richy, Solomon.

= 13 players (inc. 4 HG).

Lo Celso will move on this summer - last chance to sell him for a fee - and Hojbjerg will also move on.

We really need to improve the HG options at the club - this season Sessegnon occupies one of those spots - but we've actually got a few choices of good quality CM's who are HG who might be available, so we could tick off another objective by buying one of these as Lo Celso replacement:

- White- Gibbs (Notts Forest ). Available if Notts Forest relegated and of course they have ffp issues and might need to sell. Could cover CM and LW
- Dewsbury-Hall (Leicester) Available if not promoted and of course ffp issues. Versatile, think he might be best as a left sided CM.

Price might be as low as £25m if ffp prices but more realistically up to £45m ish.

This is all well and good; but if a Gallagher-type of player is what Ange wants then neither Eze or Gibbs-White tick that box.

Really wish people would stop talking about KWP. Was never and is never going to be good enough and a hefty fart could blow him over.
Jesus christ

The list of outs is as important and we need a couple of statement signings ready to play not 20 mill padding shite squad players now if we are going to progress. Proper quality to push the likes of Kulu and a proper striker who can play in this system - thats not Richarlison.

So who do you rate then?

I know it's a cheap shot because he scored twice but I really did like Joao Gomes for Wolves when we played them. He can play 6 or 8 and is a fucking terrier. We could really use a nasty little bastard that is also really skillful and has a chip on their shoulder like that.

I'd also be tempted to try and get Ruben Neves out of Saudi.

But that's just the players in my very limited field of vision. The scouts will be watching thousands of players.

I know it's a cheap shot because he scored twice but I really did like Joao Gomes for Wolves when we played them. He can play 6 or 8 and is a fucking terrier. We could really use a nasty little bastard that is also really skillful and has a chip on their shoulder like that.

I'd also be tempted to try and get Ruben Neves out of Saudi.

But that's just the players in my very limited field of vision. The scouts will be watching thousands of players.

I mean neither of those players signal a change in policy to recruit the level of player that raises the ceiling either tbh.

Yeah, maybe that's fair. Bith would be more of that than signing Ederson. They are both proven Prem players. Neves is one good season in a top league away from being an 80m CM again. He's still only 27.

Neves isn't really a 6 though, would be pointless going from Bissouma to Neves.

What we need is a clear upgrade in that area who is indefinitely better than Bissouma, not easy to find.

Neves is a 6 or an 8. He can ping them around from deep and put a boot in.

More progressive passes but doesn't pass the ball forward or carry the ball as well as Biss and doesn't win as many duels, Meh.

biss-nev.png

Really wish people would stop talking about KWP. Was never and is never going to be good enough and a hefty fart could blow him over.
Jesus christ

The list of outs is as important and we need a couple of statement signings ready to play not 20 mill padding shite squad players now if we are going to progress. Proper quality to push the likes of Kulu and a proper striker who can play in this system - thats not Richarlison.
Out of neccessity really due to us needing club trained players and even with his limitations he's probably a better fit as cover for Porro than Emerson. Cheap as well as last year of his contract so allows us to invest where we really need it. I dont think his name is getting mentioned because he will improve us much, just ticks a few boxes.

OUTs:
DEFENCE: Spence, Rodon, Reg. Sess
MF: PEH. GLC, McDombele
ATTACK: Gil, Perisic (already gone), Werner (loan ends), Parrot (?)

Also possibly (depending on Ange's plans): Richy, Solomon.

= 13 players (inc. 4 HG).
Thing is will all these outs - we have to find a willing buyer.

They’re all on PL wages so likely euro clubs can’t compete. It’s tricky

Out of neccessity really due to us needing club trained players and even with his limitations he's probably a better fit as cover for Porro than Emerson. Cheap as well as last year of his contract so allows us to invest where we really need it. I dont think his name is getting mentioned because he will improve us much, just ticks a few boxes.
We want a homegrown right/left back? Look no further than Nico Williams at Notts Forest. Can play both sides, great engine on him. Cracking little player.

Bet you GLC gets injured in the window and we're stuck with him. And Sess. And Gil. And still nobody buys Ndombele.

Cheap being the operative word I'm afraid...

Cheap being the operative word I'm afraid...
Yeah, he's limited but lets be real we wont buy the 6 or so top class players we need so you have to prioritise. That means plugging gaps with solutions that arent expensive and that are preferably home grown. Put the money towards players that go into the first team and who can really take us up a level not cover players for Porro, VDV and Udogie.

Back
Top Bottom