Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I am wondering tbh.

He's just never found his form again and he seems to let it get to his head.

And his injuries (and too long shorts). So I wouldn’t be shocked.

He looks cumbersome. I’m just willing to give our players a bit of slack when out of form. We’ve heard so many times after the event that they’ve been carrying injuries for a while and playing through them. This could be the case with him, so I’m wary of criticising him too much.

And his injuries (and too long shorts). So I wouldn’t be shocked.

He looks cumbersome. I’m just willing to give our players a bit of slack when out of form. We’ve heard so many times after the event that they’ve been carrying injuries for a while and playing through them. This could be the case with him, so I’m wary of criticising him too much.

I don't see cumbersome I see a lack of self belief.

He was firing in the season and demanding the ball with players on his back then turning them and setting us away. Now he's always a split second late to arrive and receive when it's under pressure and he's not dribbling past the press. Rodri game seems to have got to him a bit but that's his most important skill for this system.

I like to see this, club certainly know what profile they're looking for to improve the team

Shame that Palhinha is 29, would be perfect but we know the club wouldn't sanction it because he's too old.

Palhinha is an animal without the ball, not great with it though, and not ideal when playing out through a press.

I really think people are missing the point - the system we play needs more than just a busy cunt. And I like a busy cunt.

Excellent that the club has identified our #1 need as a top class 6 lynchpin to hold the midfield together. It’s obviously the biggest need. The only issue is I’m not so sure that player exists in this market.

Wonder who the perfect no6 is for us.

Any ideas?

Really tough. Genuinely can’t think of too many that would be gettable, be a better all round skill set fit than Bissouma.

I mean, just look at who our rivals have in the PL. Only Rodri would be a guaranteed improvement. Liverpool have Endo, Arse have Jorginho (and sometimes Rice), ManU? Villa? Chelsea?

If we can do it, great. I can’t think of too many viable - guaranteed- options. I think we are more likely to bring in a young “back up” or “rotation” type the gradually becomes first choice?

Excellent that the club has identified our #1 need as a top class 6 lynchpin to hold the midfield together. It’s obviously the biggest need. The only issue is I’m not so sure that player exists in this market.

If the club are identifying a 6 as our number 1 need, I am extremely worried.

Our number 1 need is for a whole front line upgrade. Also much easier to find.

Really tough. Genuinely can’t think of too many that would be gettable, be a better all round skill set fit than Bissouma.

I mean, just look at who our rivals have in the PL. Only Rodri would be a guaranteed improvement. Liverpool have Endo, Arse have Jorginho (and sometimes Rice), ManU? Villa? Chelsea?

If we can do it, great. I can’t think of too many viable - guaranteed- options. I think we are more likely to bring in a young “back up” or “rotation” type the gradually becomes first choice?
Biss has the skill set but questions on his mentality.

A Biss machine that isn’t so easy to sabotage is what we need. Evil Biss

Palhinha is an animal without the ball, not great with it though, and not ideal when playing out through a press.

I really think people are missing the point - the system we play needs more than just a busy cunt. And I like a busy cunt.

What's Amadou Onana like on those?

Definitely someone we should be looking at

A 9 is probably not that urgent. Son and Rich have been doing alright when they've had decent service. The chance creation have been a problem at times, so I'd agree wide players and a 10 would be handy

Definitely easiest upgrades are the wide forwards, but I really think it’s time we upgraded the 9 position too. Richarlison and Son just aren’t ideal in this system for varying reasons.

Back
Top Bottom