Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's still north of 50m so wouldn't be a priority for me
50M+ is cheap for a 9. If we can get him for 70M, do it. I think you have to balance priority positions and high potential players. Shift Richy for 40M and 70M is fine….. even if he doesn’t score 20 PL goals, that touch and strength add a lot IMO

I do concur it’s not a priority position

We've got to interested in Toney. The boy has a bit of everything and defenders must hate him. He's strong, reasonably quick, great technique, can rough up defenders, great hold up play with vision to play in others and scores all sorts of goals. Would even be good at set pieces both ends.
He’s the best all round centre forward in the league. He’s very good at everything and centre backs will hate playing against him. I think he is different class.

With Woolwich supposedly ruling themselves out and Toney adamant to leave, I do wonder...

He isn't going to go United. He isn't going to go City. Liverpool don't need a striker. Who the fuck would go to Chelsea?

Where else is there for him? Abroad? Can't see it.
Newcastle?

W don't need a striker that can drop deep though. i do agree he's better than Watkins but without penalties he's never been a 1 in 2 striker and never scored 20 league goals in a top league. He's what? 29? Has never been and never will be an elite striker. He's a very good one but that's as far as it goes. Plus he's complete weapon and is likely to bet against his own team, even when he's playing.
He’s just turned 28. He can drop deep,peel off into wider areas and play on the shoulder. He’s an all rounder that would score and create for us. That’s the missing link along with better wide players

Williams
Kvara
Leao
Are the wingers we should aim for to take us up a level

Frimpong for the rwb option for his pace is solid. Isn't he homegrown too.

For cm we need someone who can hold the ball and whip in good passes that wolves midfielder is solid the brazil one gomes or eze

We won't get all of them but a top few will change us
We won’t get any of them. Every one will be £100 million plus and we all know we won’t spend that on one player.

Forgot about Isak. Good player.

I don’t like Toney. I think he’s a complete bellend. But he’s obviously very talented. I suspect our interest will be entirely dependent on his wage demands.

According to popular opinion; Ange STs need to be quick and press loads.

If that's true then we'd just be targeting Toney thru convenience which would be a question-mark in terms of our scouting.

Forgot about Isak. Good player.

I don’t like Toney. I think he’s a complete bellend. But he’s obviously very talented. I suspect our interest will be entirely dependent on his wage demands.

Don’t think Isak is a realistic target even if Newcastle has to sell.

There’s still a lot of work to do with this squad. Son and Richy are more than capable to handle striker roles.

The priorities should be LW, LB, and RB.

Don’t think Isak is a realistic target even if Newcastle has to sell.

They'll seek to sell in other ways and probably just ship a few fringe nobodies out to Suadi for 100m.

There’s still a lot of work to do with this squad. Son and Richy are more than capable to handle striker roles.

The priorities should be LW, LB, and RB.

When you look at who's likely to leave it's clear what our focus should be:

Perisic (already gone)
Gil
Solomon (?)
Werner (may not renew)
PEH
GLC (?)

Back
Top Bottom