Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll take this story with a pinch of salt...

Harry Kane return to Tottenham touted, following Bayern Munich bombshell: report​

By Jacque Talbot
published 2 hours ago

Harry Kane may return to Tottenham after just one season away after a report surfaced detailing Bayern Munich’s unwanted list.

Harry Kane may head back to Tottenham after a report suggested that he is one of five Bayern Munich players who could be moved on this summer.

In September, Daniel Levy confirmed that Tottenham have a buyback clause in the striker’s Bayern Munich contract. The chairman attended a fan forum and was there asked whether the clause existed. “Of course,” he replied.

Kane moved to Bayern in August for an initial fee of £100 million. At the time, Spurs said in a statement that he was “always welcome back … he’s a much-loved and valued member of the Spurs family, forever in our history.”

Kane is under contract until 2027 at Bayern and has performed quite well in his inaugural campaign, though the club look set to miss out on a Bundesliga title this time around.

Now a report from L’Equipe states that up to five Bayern players could leave the club this summer. The list includes Aleksandar Pavlovic, Thomas Muller, Kane, and Manuel Neuer.

For me, the story is very feasible given Kane’s age and the fact that Bayern may look to reset after missing out on a title this time around. There are a bunch of young players coming through the ranks, such as Mathys Tel, and the club could look to offload some of their ageing players to give their younger ones a chance.

View: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1778022242472890550

Meanwhile on SC :cool:

What Lies Beneath

In Spain's realm, a winger divine,
Clubs vie fiercely, their eyes align.
With speed and skill, he steals the show,
A Spanish winger, where will he go?
I mean, it's obviously meant to be Nico Williams (shockingly, posted right when we got linked in the media - funny that).

But honestly what the fuck else is the point of the poem? It's not cryptic even slightly.

A bit nervous about gauging Eredivisie talent. Getting Janssen vibes.

Italian Spiderman Mind Blown GIF

Any thoughts on Gimenez?

Can’t say I’ve watched him. Looks like a quite a traditional lump of a striker; lots of bundling through CBs.

Watched him a few times earlier in the season, genuinely looked incredible. Finished absolutely everything.

Not watch much Feyenoord at all second half of the season, but he looks to be well out of form.

Eredivisie is always hard to gauge. You either get a van Nistelrooy, Suarez or you get a Janssen, De Jong

Based on our scouting and buys over the last few windows, I'd be inclined to trust our scouting team and Ange if he wants him though - might be perfect to just finish off chances.

Any thoughts on Gimenez?

Can’t say I’ve watched him. Looks like a quite a traditional lump of a striker; lots of bundling through CBs.

Incredibly meh from a very limited number of games I've seen in him. Yeah he finishes chances but he does very little outside of this. He's not particularly quick or strong or technical and most premier league centre backs will feel comfortable against them.

Gyokores would be a bigger risk due to fee but possibly bigger upside.

Watched him a few times earlier in the season, genuinely looked incredible. Finished absolutely everything.

Not watch much Feyenoord at all second half of the season, but he looks to be well out of form.

Eredivisie is always hard to gauge. You either get a van Nistelrooy, Suarez or you get a Janssen, De Jong

Based on our scouting and buys over the last few windows, I'd be inclined to trust our scouting team and Ange if he wants him though - might be perfect to just finish off chances.
Fair enough. Whoever we hypothetically get in as striker, they need to have a profile of getting in the damn box and putting the ball away when one of our wingers whips in that ball. Sonny ain't doing it, currently.

Perhaps Gimenez is built for that.

Back
Top Bottom