Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son is 32 before next season starts no way we are getting 30/40m more like 15/20m tops

Perhaps... Perhaps not...... I won't profess to know for sure (FWIW TFM has him down at €50m).

Regardless; how much per year do you think Son is worth commercially then?

Let's see how Ange feels about his squad come start of the season.
There is nothing to convince me that, anything will be any different with recruitment, or certainly what he is expecting/wanting.
There will be a few comprises here and there, much like we have seen before, signings made to fit the budget rather than what is needed.

Perhaps... Perhaps not...... I won't profess to know for sure (FWIW TFM has him down at €50m).

Regardless; how much per year do you think Son is worth commercially then?

I wouldn’t know to be honest but there are lots of Korean fans at every home match and I read somewhere that son sells the most shirts with his name on it by some distance in English football.
It’s not like he will be completely useless next season either. I agree he should have some serious competition for his place and he might not be an automatic first choice but he will still have a role to play as we will have a lot more matches next season

I wouldn’t know to be honest but there are lots of Korean fans at every home match and I read somewhere that son sells the most shirts with his name on it by some distance in English football.
It’s not like he will be completely useless next season either. I agree he should have some serious competition for his place and he might not be an automatic first choice but he will still have a role to play as we will have a lot more matches next season
Hopefully be in the Europa League, certainly won't be in CL.

The majority of the shirt sales money doesn't go into our pockets though........

It’s not likxe he will be completely useless next season either. I agree he should have some serious competition for his place and he might not be an automatic first choice but he will still have a role to play as we will have a lot more matches next season

The point here is that with Son inevitably moving on in the coming seasons (and any part timer SK fans with him); the commercial value of Sonny is now finite and a lot more measurable.........

I sincerely doubt that if you project the commercial value of Son for (eg) 2 more years vs a 20m trf fee (your est.) + wages (10m p/a) then the diff. would not make it worth keeping Son for that reason alone.......... (And if Levy is the cold-hearted money hungry cuntbag people insist then he wouldn't think along any other lines as those.... Nor will he keep him for "sentimental" reasons.)

.......If Son remains; it's because he's still considered to have value ON the pitch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom