Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And they are 5th and 6th choice. There are 4 proper CBs before them.

We have 3. Davies and Emerson are not CBs in a back 4, they were used as emergency cover because we were in crisis.

Davies has proven perfectly capable of being a back-up CB.... Which is all that anyone else brought in instead will end up being anyway.

Emerson: That's the whole point of the asterisk. :roll:

.........But still you're happy to list 3 FBs as Gooner CBs. That's what they call double-standards.

Phillips and Dorrington are not ready to start PL games.

I think we'll leave that decision down to Ange..... (Once again though; you're ignoring the caveat already acknowledged about Dorrington.)

Regardless; Dragusin & Davies are ready and good enough to start EPL games.

Last edited:
What you've shown us there is that plenty of those teams have awful depth at centre back.

White, Tomiyasu and Timber all play full back for Woolwich. Could probably count the amount of times on one hand all 3 of them put together have played centre half for Woolwich.

That Villa list is ghastly.

Then also imagine the riots if we signed Johnny Fkn Evans...... People would squeal about 'perma-crocks' if we had someone that plays as little as Varrane too.

Last edited:
And out of all the goals why is the DM to blame? Yes he has a job to do but you can’t be throwing that at whoever plays sitting centre midfield. Our last 5 goals against came from 3 set pieces and two mistakes from Udogie.
Where did i blame the DM???

I said i think it´s an area we should look to strengthen! To me Biss, Skippy, and Hoijbjerg are not reliable enough! And i think we should beef up there! Our centre of defence looks good for now, but our fullbacks are defensively weak. And therefore i said we should strengthen there too.

I said i think it´s an area we should look to strengthen! To me Biss, Skippy, and Hoijbjerg are not reliable enough! And i think we should beef up there! Our centre of defence looks good for now, but our fullbacks are defensively weak. And therefore i said we should strengthen there too.
Fair enough. Bentancur can play there too. I don’t think we need to worry about that area of the pitch.

He has the odd blip, but we will be hard pushed to upgrade Bissouma easily. His defensive metrics are up there (or better) with much more expensive players from the top of the league. And his press resistance and ability to break lines with carries or passes is also high.

Last edited:

He has the odd blip, but we will be hard pushed to upgrade Bissouma easily. His defensive metrics are up there (or better) with much more expensive players from the top of the league. And his press resistance and ability to break lines with carries or passes is also high.
I'm not putting the blame on Bissouma!

We are still conceeding 2 goals a game lately, so it's obvious something's not working!

Back
Top Bottom