Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the record, I don't think Toney is a superstar or anything.
I just think in terms of actual, attainability, he's up there. We're not going out and getting a world class striker.

If we aren’t getting a world class striker then get one that has the ability to develop into one.

We can’t complain at the club for not being ambitious and then be happy with them signing bang average players because they are attainable

Hummel's 35....he's no Modric or Ibrahimovich...do we really think he'll make a difference or is a freebie for Levy?

Experience is always valuable. Look at Thiago Silva at Chelsea.

Not sure on Hummels from a high line perspective, but can't remember many times Davies was caught out from it and Hummels is levels and levels above of him in terms if positioning and anticipation.

Don't believe the link anyway. Signing that versatile centre back seems much more likely and believable.

So Villa get 25m plus Enzo + Illing Jr for Douglas Luiz. Great deal tbh. Don't know what Juve are up to.
There was a number of people on here week's ago saying, that villa need to sell as they can't maintain that level of wages and or spending.
But they do seem to be putting together a decent squad, I think they will do well under emery and might win something.

Frankfurter Frankfurter
You going to any of the games?
Unfortunately, I didn't get any tickets.

Today I wanted to go to Frankfurt to watch football at Gleis 25 (a well-known football pub) or at O'Reilly's - I had forgotten that I'm married.

husband GIF

If Richy is here, he will score more goals than Toney.

Take pens and FKs out of Toney's record and he's never been prolific. Loads of nice touches and decent hold up play from the long ball for a counter attack team but like I said, take the 9 penalties and 2-3nFKs he scored out of his best season and Rich was more prolific last year despite having a terrible injury record.

Now, If Richy is going then we need to be aiming MUCH higher than Ivan Toney for our frontline #9.

Imo Toney ends up at UTD as Hojlund's back up.

😂😂😂😂😂
Richarlison goal record is nowhere near the level of Toney’s in the premier league and Toney plays for Brentford

😂😂😂😂😂
Richarlison goal record is nowhere near the level of Toney’s in the premier league and Toney plays for Brentford

Remove penalties and free kicks from Toney because he won’t take them and neither does Richy.

Then look at the games Richy played CF for us under Ange and he’s a more prolific goal scorer and much better fit for the way we play.

Just facts mate.

Toneys only prolific season in the prem was 9 penalties and 2 fks. Less prem goals than Richy last season.

Remove penalties and free kicks from Toney because he won’t take them and neither does Richy.

Then look at the games Richy played CF for us under Ange and he’s a more prolific goal scorer and much better fit for the way we play.

Just facts mate.

Toneys only prolific season in the prem was 9 penalties and 2 fks. Less prem goals than Richy last season.

Why remove penalties and free kicks?
Free kicks and penalties still count as goals, just that Toney can take them and Richy can’t.
Toneys all round play is much better than richarlisons and Richarlison has played in the premier league for longer and has a top scoring season of 12 or something like that??

Back
Top Bottom