Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately, I didn't get any tickets.

Today I wanted to go to Frankfurt to watch football at Gleis 25 (a well-known football pub) or at O'Reilly's - I had forgotten that I'm married.

husband GIF
German women killjoy bitches too?

Who knew.

Hjalmund as the 6
Good player. Always willing to press, put his body on the line, decent passer and got a goal or two in him.

But Sporting paid something like 20mil for him iirc...has to be worth twice that already, but after tonight you can add another 10 or 15 mil.

Not happening.

Remove penalties and free kicks from Toney because he won’t take them and neither does Richy.

Then look at the games Richy played CF for us under Ange and he’s a more prolific goal scorer and much better fit for the way we play.

Just facts mate.

Toneys only prolific season in the prem was 9 penalties and 2 fks. Less prem goals than Richy last season.
Shouldn't even be a Richy vs Toney debate, my mate.

Neither should be our starting CF cause neither are good enough.

But we paid 60mil for the former, so...

Shouldn't even be a Richy vs Toney debate, my mate.

Neither should be our starting CF cause neither are good enough.

But we paid 60mil for the former, so...

I not a big supporter's of us signing Toney to be honest but he is superior to Richarlison and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous

Did I miss this, that we’ve been linked with Hjulmand (the goal scorer for Denmark today)? From the Athletic:

The 24-year-old Sporting Lisbon midfielder has been linked with a move to Tottenham — but Spurs’ interest may hit a snag.

“My dad supported and we watched games together when we were younger,” Hjulmand told Sporting’s in-house television channel. “When I started watching football, Woolwich had a fantastic team and Patrick Vieira was the captain and played in midfield. He was and is a great inspiration for me.”

It’s more than a casual attachment: Hjulmand has the special crest which commemorates the 125th anniversary of Woolwich’s formation tattooed on his left arm.

Yeah don’t see that one happening…

Why remove penalties and free kicks?
Free kicks and penalties still count as goals, just that Toney can take them and Richy can’t.
Toneys all round play is much better than richarlisons and Richarlison has played in the premier league for longer and has a top scoring season of 12 or something like that??

Because Son takes our penalties and Maddsion or Porro take FKs
And we all know there is no chance we get 9 penalties next season.

Back
Top Bottom