Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That always works out so well for us. That's Levy 101 there. Punt after punt.

That’s how we signed Bale, Modric, Son, Berbatov, Carrick

We are never signing a player in their prime of that quality and tbh there aren’t many clubs in the world that can.

Question is can we sign them one step before that level like we did for Son and VDV, or several steps like a Bale or Bergvall

Tbf a good few of our ‘punts’ have worked out

Bale
dele
Son
Dembele (is this a punt?)

Kulu
Benta?

These guys were all bought for 20M odd

I forgot Dele from my list above

We both missed Romero as well. He was class when we signed him but a level below what he is now.

Romero is what we need to do up front.
Thing is, it probably won’t be 40m for that kind of attacker.

The forward version of Romero is Openda, Gyokeres, Williams, Simons, probably a few more that I’ve missed. Marmoush is maybe a similar level to Son when we signed him.

Good , whats the point of selling Hjojberg if were going to spend almost double what we sell him for on Gallagher?
Should never have been linked to that mug in the first place.

Someone oughta teach Ange a few things about this club, like we truly despise friggin Woolwich and we don't want a kid who's as Chelsea as they come playing for us.

Should never have been linked to that mug in the first place.

Someone oughta teach Ange a few things about this club, like we truly despise friggin Woolwich and we don't want a kid who's as Chelsea as they come playing for us.
Agreed mate and that’s how I saw it mostly but…

If we did win things with Chelsea’s ex captain, you can’t deny that would be even sweeter.

Back
Top Bottom