Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting one.

A few poster above you seem to disagree but it does take a full season to recover from that type of injury. Maybe he’s back next season.

Juve being prepared to let him go is a red flag for me

Wouldn't say it's much of a red flag - Thiago Motta very much has his own system and wants to make his mark on Juve and Chiesa simply doesn't fit his plans.

Chiesa has one year left on his contract - I imagine Juve would rather get something for him than lose him on a free.

14 and 21 before that.

Defo a good player but too big a gamble, especially for the 60 odd mil he'd cost.

Pass. Neto too.

Why on earth would Chiesa cost 60m!?

I'd be amazed if Juve got any more than 35m for him MAX.

One year left on his contract. Doesn't want to sign a new one. They're not going to bleed anyone dry.

According to the news publication Aslinda we are after Sebastian Szymanski and ware willing to spend €20mil on him

Played under Arne Slot when we were after him

That hasn't stopped people wanting the likes of Gyokeres... Eze turns 26 in a week's time...

Is turning 27 considered old nowadays? Seems pretty limiting.

I’m not looking at just his age. He turns 27!in October.

That’s in addition to having an injury history. Especially playing in Ange’s team. Being a player who’s speed is a big part of his game. Having no clue how he’ll adapt to the PL. Say it takes a year for him to settle. Suddenly you have a 28 year old player in the squad who still has to prove himself. This is not the type of gamble we should be taking.

It’s not really the same is it? At the very least you can say Eze is PL proven.

I’m not looking at just his age. He turns 27!in October.

That’s in addition to having an injury history. Especially playing in Ange’s team. Being a player who’s speed is a big part of his game. Having no clue how he’ll adapt to the PL. Say it takes a year for him to settle. Suddenly you have a 28 year old player in the squad who still has to prove himself. This is not the type of gamble we should be taking.

It’s not really the same is it? At the very least you can say Eze is PL proven.

Speed is a part of his game, but it's most certainly not his biggest part or the most important. He's one of the best 1 v 1 wingers in world football due to his close control and his ability to create separation (the exact thing none of our wingers are capable of providing) and has been for half a decade. The exact profile fit for an Ange team.

If someone like Chiesa is available, wants to come and can be signed for a good price because of his contract situation, you simply get him in.

We will be playing 50+ games next season. We need a squad. If Chiesa doesn't harm our chances of getting someone like Eze in, even better.

Not sure being Prem proven means too much at all besides being a lazy trope. Most of our best signings of the last 20 years weren't Prem proven. And most of them probably turned out better than the Prem proven ones.

Back
Top Bottom