Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right now my guess is that FFP means bigger clubs are copying the Levy playbook of value hunting but now they are going after the same targets as us but they are more appealing and offering slightly higher wages.

If anything this would be the summer to get big players because the usual spenders aren’t on it like that.
Spurs, Utd, Newcastle and Chelsea are after the same players

City, Liverpool and Woolwich in next bracket

Can’t play in midfield with Madison, impossible,for you to judge that.
Well let Ange show us his coaching and tactical
skills then by changing the formation. Son or a new CF up top with eze , MADDs and say kulu behind or a donley/ bergvhal on the right. Two holders in CM. Now that to me looks a lot better than having Werner and Johnson playing wide in a front 3.

Slide Reaction GIF

(all jokes aside I think we'll land Eze and a couple of young Don speziales)

Well let Ange show us his coaching and tactical
skills then by changing the formation. Son or a new CF up top with eze , MADDs and say kulu behind or a donley/ bergvhal on the right. Two holders in CM. Now that to me looks a lot better than having Werner and Johnson playing wide in a front 3.
Fucking christ. Some of the shit that gets posted here.

18 year old never played a game outside Sweden, scored 6 goals in his entire career or a 19 year old that's never played senior football in his life over a player that scored 5 with 10 assists last season in the PL?

I'm excited about Bervhal's future, but to think we need to bin Johnson for him and/or Donley is fucking ludicrous. Absolutely fucking moronic post.

Fucking christ. Some of the shit that gets posted here.

18 year old never played a game outside Sweden, scored 6 goals in his entire career or a 19 year old that's never played senior football in his life over a player that scored 5 with 10 assists last season in the PL?

I'm excited about Bervhal's future, but to think we need to bin Johnson for him and/or Donley is fucking ludicrous. Absolutely fucking moronic post.
Some people need to lighten up a bit.

Spurs, Utd, Newcastle and Chelsea are after the same players

City, Liverpool and Woolwich in next bracket
I would say that Chelsea have put themselves out of the running for any player worth having after their decision to sack Pochettino. That tells any player who is serious about the future of his career everything he needs to know about them.

United are all over the place. Their apparent U-Turn on ETH doesn't bode well.

Newcastle don't have any European football to offer and it's not entirely clear where they're going under Eddie Howe at this stage.

We've got the Europa League, the prospect of a second season under Ange after a successful first season and the development of a young and exciting team. Players wanted to join us for Ange before we had European football and they'll want to join us even more now that we've got it.

We're easily the pick of the bunch for any player who has more than money on his mind and if a player is only there for the money he's not worth having.

G’day from downunder. I’m new here.
I can’t be bothered trolling through 700+ pages so I just wanted to say this.
I do not want Jonathan David or Weston McKennie.
We’ve been linked with both of them and neither of them are good enough for the epl.
Mckennie did nothing at Leeds when on loan and there’s no evidence to say he’ll do better at Spurs.
I have watched David play a few times and he’s ok in France but I’d have Richarlson over him anyway. We need an out and out striker. Gimenez would be a better option than David

My choices would be Toney and EZE though I’m not sure how Toney would go in an Ange team. He’s a way safer bet than David. Sadly we can’t afford or Levy won’t pay the required fee for Gyorkeres

Last edited:
I would say that Chelsea have put themselves out of the running for any player worth having after their decision to sack Pochettino. That tells any player who is serious about the future of his career everything he needs to know about them.

United are all over the place. Their apparent U-Turn on ETH doesn't bode well.

Newcastle don't have any European football to offer and it's not entirely clear where they're going under Eddie Howe at this stage.

We've got the Europa League, the prospect of a second season under Ange after a successful first season and the development of a young and exciting team. Players wanted to join us for Ange before we had European football and they'll want to join us even more now that we've got it.

We're easily the pick of the bunch for any player who has more than money on his mind and if a player is only there for the money he's not worth having.
Chelsea is definitely a bit in limbo.

They could always rely on getting top talent because they would pay well no matter how dysfunctional they are. Now we hear they miss out on Olise and can’t afford Williams.

Agents might start looking at them differently

If we sold Richarliason we might pay it. But I don't think he wants to go anywhere. So we won't be buying Gyökeres even if he is the best available.
Why? We yielded 100M - where has it gone? We had years to prepare for the sale of the best player in the world and allocate funds and assess replacements. It’s disgraceful

Back
Top Bottom