Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why? We yielded 100M - where has it gone? We had years to prepare for the sale of the best player in the world and allocate funds and assess replacements. It’s disgraceful

It's funny how so many of our own fans have been conditioned into accepting this blatant disregard of our team and actually believing we are fucking paupers.

Repeat after me...."We are poor. We have no money. We will find some bargains and I will like them and I will be grateful and they will be Ange's first choices"

3n9k5y.gif

He will stay in Italy because he’s Italian

Or he will go to a club that offers him the best salary.

He’s Italys starting CB, he would have 100% confidence in winning his place in the Spurs team and he’d know that even to start with we are playing Europa league and trying to make a run at cups so he’d get plenty of games to prove he should be first choice.

That’s how top athletes think and we shouldn’t be signing any players that don’t think that way

I like Udogie but I also think he needed coming out the team a few times last season as he understandably struggled with the position and this led to unnecessary fouls and bookings. He’s a tremendous player but by bringing in a top level player to push him I think he will be even better.

VDV, Calfiori and Udogie covering left back and left centre back next season would be ideal.

Thoughts on Patrick Bamford for the main striker role ?

Leeds failed to get promoted so we'd have them over the coals so to speak

I'm getting quite frisky at the thought of the Leeds chairman being "levyed"

I like Udogie but I also think he needed coming out the team a few times last season as he understandably struggled with the position and this led to unnecessary fouls and bookings. He’s a tremendous player but by bringing in a top level player to push him I think he will be even better.

VDV, Calfiori and Udogie covering left back and left centre back next season would be ideal.
Plenty of big games to go round.

VDV will need to avoid too many games in a row as well.

Just putting this in here as we have been linked in the past, no idea if he’s any good. From the Athletic:

• Peterborough United are engaged in negotiations with an unnamed Premier League club over the transfer of central defender Ronnie Edwards. Edwards, 21, has one year remaining on his contract. Peterborough are hopeful of concluding a deal and won’t stand in the way of the England Under-20 international if their valuation is met by the club in active negotiations or others that have expressed interest (Adam Leventhal)

Plus from memory (prepared to be shouted down) he made a couple of absolute howlers last season

Back
Top Bottom