Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BREAKING NEWS! Yet another imaginary transfer rumour :cool:

Tottenham back away from signing ‘dream’ midfielder after learning Chelsea are paying £19m for him​

Brogan Clasper
Wed 26 June 2024 11:15, UK
Tottenham Hotspur were forced out of the race to sign an exciting young midfielder this summer after Chelsea became involved.
Midfield is an area where Ange Postecoglou is looking to add to at Tottenham with the likes of Conor Gallagher having been strongly linked.

TBR Football understands that Aston Villa’s Omari Kellyman was of interest to Tottenham Hotspur, Brighton & Hove Albion and West Ham United.

Chelsea now look set to conclude a deal for the 18-year-old this summer with the midfielder having undergone his medical at Stamford Bridge.
Hopefully the CG links will now go away after a dreadful display last as well as his sub appearances. Ange basically countered his own argument of getting a player like CG by saying if you have 70% plus pocession then you need technical players. Wonder how he felt when CG was hooked at HT and mainoo did much better with the ball.

Have to disagree with this. Most of Son's G/A up front were in the beginning portion of the season when we were flying. Once teams had figured out how we play he was completely ineffective up front and only started performing again when he was moved back out to the wing, where he was generally very good.

IMO we need the main purchase to be a striker. Even if you rate Richy - which I don't - his injury record alone means he can't be relied on. If we can sell Richy to the Saudis and bring in two strikers all the better.

Son and Werner is fine rotation for LW for now until we can find a long term successor to Son. Kulu and Brennan isn't ideal for the right, and in an ideal world I'd like another option there too, but we all know how this club operates so I don't see that as likely. If it's only one addition this summer it has to be up top.

Everyone at Spurs looked very good in first 10 games or so of season - that's why we were top of the league at that point - everyone fit, everyone .scoring and assisting goals : sadly it wasn't to last

However over the season as a whole most of Son's GI came when he was playing as centre forward without the benefit of Maddison playing in the way he had in the first 10 games, and indeed without the benefit of many Spurs first team players being injured from time to time.

I think we are probably in agreement we would be better with another forward or two, but I'm not that struck on the strikers available and doubt if we get one without selling the too often injured Richarlison whereas the improvement we'd get by bring in Eze as a left wing option over Solomon/Gil is both huge and much more realistic to do.

Lies No GIF

Villa just trying to get a better ffp position, so trying to drum up interest in Jacob.

Good player but injured all last season pretty much. Don’t need another sick note. They aren’t taking that deal if at all true which I’m sceptical. We don’t usually bid for players nowadays unless we know it’s going to encouraged and accepted.

All gone quiet on MGW, wouldn’t be surprised if we are linked to him before the weekend.

Last edited:
Good player but injured all last season pretty much. Don’t need another sick note. They aren’t taking that deal if at all true which I’m sceptical. We don’t usually bid for players nowadays unless we know it’s going to encouraged and accepted.

All gone quiet on MGW, wouldn’t be surprised if we are linked to him before the weekend.

Yup, reckon MGW might end up the one they get done early if it’s going to be anyone

Good player but injured all last season pretty much. Don’t need another sick note. They aren’t taking that deal if at all true.

Why makes me believe it isn't true is the fact they wouldn't accept that deal.

20m and a player who suits an Emery team? As well a further 20m profit for them on a youth graduate? They should be biting our hand off.

Very precise timing.

You wouldn't be welcomed by Hercules on to SC's ITK payroll - everything needs to be strung out timewise and usually made a little imprecise so it can apply to multiple players eg 'that midfield player we've mentioned might sign by he end of this window'

Why makes me believe it isn't true is the fact they wouldn't accept that deal.

20m and a player who suits an Emery team? As well a further 20m profit for them on a youth graduate? They should be biting our hand off.

Villa leaked that information.

Why would Spurs even bid for a player without being given an indication that Villa are interested in selling.

Reckon Villa want GLC but we aren't chasing Ramsey

Back
Top Bottom