Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An option for CB might be to take Rodon back, as 4th choice CB. At least until January, I'd be ok with that. I think I read somewhere that Dragusin can play RB.

Drăgușin has also played as a right-back on occasion. Acording to his Wikipage.
If VdV can do it I’m all for letting Drags get a crack at it in the rotation- whatever we can do to keep him interested and developing.

That’s exactly what I wrote 😂

Noises from Palace, across London and England camp are they don’t want to sell Eze this summer.

If they’ve sold Olise we always knew they didn’t need to.
It's posturing IMO.

They want as much of the release clause paid upfront as possible. By stating that they have no intention to sell, they can then play hardball on how much is fronted up.

They either get a big chunk, which they can then reinvest into prospects and remain healthy with P&S, or they keep an asset for another season, and keep him sweet by letting him know that it was us that caused the deal to breakdown.

Palace will NOT make this an easy deal for us. If I remember correctly, Parish and Levy have some form.

40-50m isn't cheap.

If we are chasing Ramsay that is a marquee signing level spend for this club.

Thing is, the club is doing great job of hiding what we actually want to do. Ange said he wanted forwards but we aren't really linked to marquee forwards, only really cheap ones.

Most of us think we need a 1v1 winger but we aren't really linked with marquee wingers, mainly young talented ones.

We seem stacked at CM and CB but we continually get linked to marquee level spends in CM.

Still think none of these media twunts have a clue and Lange is giving them nothing.
Yep- big ass smoke screen that lets them work with less pressure- avoid spiking price by sparking bidding wars and such…

It's posturing IMO.

They want as much of the release clause paid upfront as possible. By stating that they have no intention to sell, they can then play hardball on how much is fronted up.

They either get a big chunk, which they can then reinvest into prospects and remain healthy with P&S, or they keep an asset for another season, and keep him sweet by letting him know that it was us that caused the deal to breakdown.

Palace will NOT make this an easy deal for us. If I remember correctly, Parish and Levy have some form.

Probably right.

I mean, if there is a release clause it could be a really easy deal for us but if we want different terms then for sure it won’t be easy

Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends
Loan with option to buy really means loan and no intention to buy, resulting in him having 1 year left amd his transfer value will drop.

Back
Top Bottom