Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not down on Werner as much as I am about taking up a place in the squad with Werner and the profile that he is.

We needed a 1v1 winger and #9 that can connect the other forwards and midfield better.

As soon as we signed Werner it was pretty clear to me that we had used one of the forwards we are signing on a player that fills neither of those needs. People might argue that we still sign 2 more forwards this summer but the history of Levynomics argues against that pretty convincingly.
According to Ange, it called sharing the load and I am down with that!

with all the suggested out going players that are coming up from various football commentors we will need players in to replace them so where are they ? with the extra games this season (European matches) we need a strong second 11 to play many of these extra matches, our P1 must be getting CL football (it brings in money and players )

Kinda like the Ramsey link, he's a very direct player, very traditionally English style, hard running with and without the ball. Like that he powers through players in midfield. Are Villa in enough bother with PSR to make this sale? I dunno. Does the player want to move instead of playing CL with his boyhood club? Doubt it.

with all the suggested out going players that are coming up from various football commentors we will need players in to replace them so where are they ? with the extra games this season (European matches) we need a strong second 11 to play many of these extra matches, our P1 must be getting CL football (it brings in money and players )

We need a strong first 18 or 20 players squad plus other decent squad players as we will be rotating players in and out rather than playing a first X1 and second X1.

That way there is also competition for places, so less chance players don't try their hardest all the time.

Next season EL league stage will mean playing 8 teams, followed by round of 16, quarter finals semi finals (all knock out games home and away) and finals, so up to 15 EL matches, plus League Cup and FA Cup on top of 38 PL games - so its easy to see how we can end up with 60 plus matches next season.

And we struggled with a smaller squad (in reality starting last season with about 15 players competing for first team places plus squad level players) and injuries playing 40 games this season to which we've since added Dragusin, Werner and youngster Bergvall so still need a few more in.

We need a strong first 18 or 20 players squad plus other decent squad players as we will be rotating players in and out rather than playing a first X1 and second X1.

That way there is also competition for places, so less chance players don't try their hardest all the time.

Next season EL league stage will mean playing 8 teams, followed by round of 16, quarter finals semi finals (all knock out games home and away) and finals, so up to 15 EL matches, plus League Cup and FA Cup on top of 38 PL games - so its easy to see how we can end up with 60 plus matches next season.

And we struggled with a smaller squad (in reality starting last season with about 15 players competing for first team places plus squad level players) and injuries playing 40 games this season to which we've since added Dragusin, Werner and youngster Bergvall so still need a few more in.

We actually need a crazy amount of players in really unless we are hoping our current youngsters are good enough to plug some of the gaps. Probably about eight. Can’t see it happening though.

We actually need a crazy amount of players in really unless we are hoping our current youngsters are good enough to plug some of the gaps. Probably about eight. Can’t see it happening though.

Realistically 5 or 6 in this summer window.

I think that's enough players in to replace the likes of Sessegnon who were in our first team squad but injury meant they played negligible part whilst upgrading most players who don't fit Angeball. Whilst not fixing every problem it will make the squad both larger and have more real first team competition - I recall Mancity upgrading their squad over about 4 or 5 seasons as even throwing money at their problems there not enough of the right players were available to do things any faster. Ange recognised that problem in saying it would take 3 transfer windows to make all the changes he wanted.

I think 25/26 we should see quite a few youngsters with loan experience being part of an extended squad, fewer candidates with experience available in 24./25 which is a little frustrating - but developing youngsters is a long term business.

If we were ever getting more than 3 transfers done (not including Werner) you’d think we’d be further along with at least one by now. Especially on the outgoings.

I guess they have to weigh up what’s on be market within budgets and where they will have to leave the squad short

Back
Top Bottom