Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you are underestimating how ready he is.

If he comes he’ll play minutes at RB and #6 and people will start calling for him to start.

Whenever I watched him, he didn't look particularly great tbh. But I just put it down to his age and not being anywhere near ready for a step up. He was absolutely anonymous in the play off final.

But he's obviously highly rated. But so was Lewis Cook, Jack Clarke and many who have come before him in the Leeds hype train.

Whenever I watched him, he didn't look particularly great tbh. But I just put it down to his age and not being anywhere near ready for a step up. He was absolutely anonymous in the play off final.

But he's obviously highly rated. But so was Lewis Cook, Jack Clarke and many who have come before him in the Leeds hype train.

He was absolutely the level against Chelsea in the cup. I randomly saw him a bunch of times. For sure he wasn’t incredible in the playoff final but he didn’t do anything wrong and he was playing RB…

He’s a long way ahead of Lewis Cook and Jack Clarke. Although Jack Clarke will end up a top PL winger.

More on this from Ali G

View: https://x.com/alasdairgold/status/1807024133584122349?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

I'm not sold on Gray tbh but I'm rarely sold on these young English hypes. I saw him a few times and didn't think much of him.

I was completely sold on Wharton but prior to that I can't remember the last one I really thought would be a great signing.

He was absolutely the level against Chelsea in the cup. I randomly saw him a bunch of times. For sure he wasn’t incredible in the playoff final but he didn’t do anything wrong and he was playing RB…

He’s a long way ahead of Lewis Cook and Jack Clarke. Although Jack Clarke will end up a top PL winger.

Lewis Cook was spoke about as one to end up as being one of the best English midfielders of his generation. Was also starting games for Leeds at 17/18.

You could honestly replace his name in this article to Archie Gray

To be fair to Cook, he was on course to living up to some of that hype but got horrendous injuries. Awful ankle injury that kept him out for the best part of two years and then followed it up with two cruciate ligament injuries in the space of two years.. Testament to his ability that he ever got capped for England.

“Waiting in the background in case discussions collapse”

Oh My God Omg GIF by NETFLIX

WOW!!! .If carlsberg did forum posts 🍻

Probably the best and most accurate post in Fighting Cock history. .🏅🏅🏅

Take a bow, son.
Haha! Bingo for a JT post something he agrees with

JT: wow! What poetry Nail on the head my friend, post of the year! Let all other posts bow down before this one that I agree with!

Haha! :dawsonlol:

Lewis Cook was spoke about as one to end up as being one of the best English midfielders of his generation. Was also starting games for Leeds at 17/18.

You could honestly replace his name in this article to Archie Gray

To be fair to Cook, he was on course to living up to some of that hype but got horrendous injuries. Awful ankle injury that kept him out for the best part of two years and then followed it up with two cruciate ligament injuries in the space of two years.. Testament to his ability that he ever got capped for England.
Lewis Cook is really good.

Not saying we should sign him or anything but definitely a really underrated player in a good Bournemouth side

Back
Top Bottom