Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Possibility?!? FML

No striker and we can kiss top 4 goodbye. End of story.

What's the plan, rely on Son who can't play with his back to goal and Richy who can't say fit more than 2 games at a time?? Kulu? Sarr? Parrott??

Get all the Doue's and Gray's you like, without a striker who can hold up the ball we're fucked. Really question Ange's squad building if this isn't a priority.
Yeah, much more than needed. I think we are trying to offload Richarlison in order to bring a big name, maybe Isak.

No way are we getting Isak lol

Reportedly Newcastle had a number of dressing rooms issues last season; with players partying and getting up to all sort of trouble off the pitch.

We have seen them trying to offload Rainer, and Isak is being linked to other clubs. I suspect it is the players agents who want to move those players to another club rather than the club wanting to sell them.

Reportedly Newcastle had a number of dressing rooms issues last season; with players partying and getting up to all sort of trouble off the pitch.
Really? First I'd heard of this, and I'd be surprised given how much of a tight ship Howe runs. Got a source?

Regardless, even if Isak's agent wants a new club for him (1) he'll cost over 100m easily, we don't pay that kind of money, (2) Newcastle just made 2 sales before the deadline meaning they don't have FFP problems and they don't need to sell, and (3) he'd have a ton of suitors, he wouldn't pick us over the likes of Woolwich etc who'd be in for him. Forget it mate, sorry.

Really? First I'd heard of this, and I'd be surprised given how much of a tight ship Howe runs. Got a source?

Regardless, even if Isak's agent wants a new club for him (1) he'll cost over 100m easily, we don't pay that kind of money, (2) Newcastle just made 2 sales before the deadline meaning they don't have FFP problems and they don't need to sell, and (3) he'd have a ton of suitors, he wouldn't pick us over the likes of Woolwich etc who'd be in for him. Forget it mate, sorry.

Yeah, I have a friend who is pretty close to a number of employees at the club. Die hard fan. Tripps and a couple of other players were made to train alone following some incident.

For a period, Howe had lost control of the dressing room when they went through a run of bad form.

Don't see why Isak would cost over 100m 'easily'. Kane & Haaland didn't even cost that much. There are no clubs that have that sort of money to spend.\

My guess is 70m would get the deal over the line.

Don't see why Isak would cost over 100m 'easily'. Kane & Haaland didn't even cost that much. There are no clubs that have that sort of money to spend.\

My guess is 70m would get the deal over the line.
Too clueless to bother replying to. I'm getting the sense you're new to this sport?

Last edited:
Clueless?

There have only ever been 9 100m+ transfers. Is Isak is in that bracket?

Context though...

4 years left on his contract
Newcastle don't want or need to sell
Newcastle paid around £60m for him
One of the best strikers on the market
Prem tested
Multiple clubs after him

Everything points to a high value, certainly way higher than £70m

Context though...

4 years left on his contract
Newcastle don't want or need to sell
Newcastle paid around £60m for him