Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

and that leaves us with 1 striker.
It doesn't, we would have Son, Richy/his replacement, According to rumours Parrott will be given a chance and Kulusevski did well in a samll sample size, so is worth of a longer experiment.

I feel like we have more questions that need answering for the striker position, where as I feel we have all the answers we need for the wingers and we need to upgrade.

I can't fucking wait until we sign Neto so when he does his hamstring in preseason, then does it again repeatedly over the remainder of his contract (playing in about 6 matches a year,) I can hear you all fucking whinge about how he's a permacrock and the Bald fucker was had by Wolves.

:contehandshead:

I'm in France a few months a year and often get invited to Ligue 1 games by business contacts or friends...the odd Coupe de France tie too. Think I saw Rennes live 3 or 4 times over the past couple seasons, and a few more on the telly.

Kid defo has great feet...and a big ballsack. Ligue 1 is full of defense-first teams, lots of games are shot-shy borefests, so kid like that is a breath of fresh air. Whenever he picks up the ball, you expect to witness something special.

Still got to mature physically, mentally and tactically, though. Joining PSG would be a terrible move, though they'd make him a zillionaire in no time. Bayern a much better option...Ribery, Coman, Tel, even an old fart like Lizarazu or Sagnol could tell him how crazy solid an institution they are and how it'd do wonders for his development. But if the French kid is sensible a la Archie, maybe we got a shot cause there'd be less pressure at Spurs. Come here, tear the PL a new one for 2 or 3 years then you get your big move to Real a la Bale.

If he goes to Paris, says a lot about where his priorities are.

It'll depend on the Ange test; I think his press conference comments in regards to players wanting Champions' League are informative:

"I don’t want those players. Because they don’t want to come to Tottenham… they want to go to a Champions League club. I signed Micky van de Ven this year — he’s not a bad player is he? And we were in the Champions League? No.

"I don’t want those players. That’s a beautiful discussion for me to have. That’s one of the discussions I have: Why do you want to come to Tottenham? Because if you want Champions League football and that’s all you want, you don’t want to come to Tottenham; you just want to go to a Champions League club.

"I want people to come to Tottenham who know this club, know the challenge we’ve got — and we do have a challenge, we’re different to other clubs in that we haven’t had success for a while — so I’m looking for a certain type of character. One that’s going to say: 'You know what, they’re not in the Champions League but if I win something with them, that could mean something for my career and to me. So I’m up for that fight'.

"That’s part of the discussion. I don't think that makes a difference to me in terms of the players. We’ve had two windows so far and I haven’t had an issue bringing the players I want to this club even though we’re not in the Champions League."

It's a two-way thing, the player has to be motivated by the challenge that Tottenham faces, and Ange has to be convinced that they are.

If Doué (or both Doué's) see the PSG path as desirable then they weren't right for us.

Eh?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago
Sorry mate read the headline didn’t research it more 👍🏻😊

It doesn't, we would have Son, Richy/his replacement, According to rumours Parrott will be given a chance and Kulusevski did well in a samll sample size, so is worth of a longer experiment.

I feel like we have more questions that need answering for the striker position, where as I feel we have all the answers we need for the wingers and we need to upgrade.
But you said get Richy out and get a replacement in.Thats misleading.

It'll depend on the Ange test; I think his press conference comments in regards to players wanting Champions' League are informative:

"I don’t want those players. Because they don’t want to come to Tottenham… they want to go to a Champions League club. I signed Micky van de Ven this year — he’s not a bad player is he? And we were in the Champions League? No.

"I don’t want those players. That’s a beautiful discussion for me to have. That’s one of the discussions I have: Why do you want to come to Tottenham? Because if you want Champions League football and that’s all you want, you don’t want to come to Tottenham; you just want to go to a Champions League club.

"I want people to come to Tottenham who know this club, know the challenge we’ve got — and we do have a challenge, we’re different to other clubs in that we haven’t had success for a while — so I’m looking for a certain type of character. One that’s going to say: 'You know what, they’re not in the Champions League but if I win something with them, that could mean something for my career and to me. So I’m up for that fight'.

"That’s part of the discussion. I don't think that makes a difference to me in terms of the players. We’ve had two windows so far and I haven’t had an issue bringing the players I want to this club even though we’re not in the Champions League."

It's a two-way thing, the player has to be motivated by the challenge that Tottenham faces, and Ange has to be convinced that they are.

If Doué (or both Doué's) see the PSG path as desirable then they weren't right for us.

I like that quote

Possibility?!? FML

No striker and we can kiss top 4 goodbye. End of story.

What's the plan, rely on Son who can't play with his back to goal and Richy who can't say fit more than 2 games at a time?? Kulu? Sarr? Parrott??

Get all the Doue's and Gray's you like, without a striker who can hold up the ball we're fucked. Really question Ange's squad building if this isn't a priority.

Back
Top Bottom