Sunday midday ko's

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't the police request some games to be moved to an early kickoff cos they don't want all us lager louts getting too smashed before the games?

This is so backwards.

I've never known an early kick - off to stop anyone drinking. It just means there's loads of people steaming drunk at 11.30am.

As far making kick - off's even earlier. :defoe:

it's shit though because quite often most of us will be nursing hangovers. Add that to the sheer amount of time it takes to get to the ground and you've missed your lie-in too.
So a hungover, tired crowd of people - hardly conducive to a good atmosphere.

Why have the club still not confirmed the fixture changes for after the Europa matches? It's as if they are surprised we scrapped through against Dinamo Tablisi after being 5-0 up. Mongtards.

Maybe we're planning on sending the kids so don't want them moved?
I did actually consider this might be the case. Never been done before though has it? Kind of the ultimate insult to the competition as well.

For selfish reasons I'm pretty desperate or Hull to happen on the Saturday!

I still yearn for the days when all the games were at 3pm on a Saturday, yes I know I am an old saddo, but I really don't like football on Sundays or Mondays, and I like a bit of a lie in at the weekend!

Lets say it like it is.

Saturday kick offs = loads of booze and gak, loving life..then into town after to make a shameful show of oneself.

Sunday = drive to game with hangover, sit in misery next to some cunt you hate. Go home and argue with the missus because she wants YOU to iron your own work shirts.

Monday = train in straight from work, few bevvies, midnight finish, then the rest of the week seems to last one million years.

Hmmmm let me think.

Cardiff City (A) – now Sunday 22 September – KO 4pm
West Ham United (H) – now Sunday 6 October – KO 4pm
Hull City (H) – now Sunday 27 October – KO 4pm
Liverpool (H) – now Sunday 15 December – KO TBC
The kick-off time for the Liverpool match will be confirmed in the coming weeks once the December broadcast selection process has been completed.

:cunt:

Don't the police request some games to be moved to an early kickoff cos they don't want all us lager louts getting too smashed before the games?
All it means is that people carry on boozing well after the game. If anything kicks off anywhere, they'll link it to FV and throw the book at you anyway!

Where have these come from all of a sudden?!

Both Newcastle and United at home have been moved.

One of my pet subjects. Over the last 15 years I have only missed a hand full of games, but this season will be different. A day at football is about getting there early, have something to eat, a good few beers and soaking up the atmosphere. It is not about rushing down to the game, normally bay car because the trains on a weekend don't run early enough, and then rushing into the ground. Indefinitely there is less atmosphere than usual, and the game is crap, because the players had to get up in the middle of the night to stuff some carbs down their throat.

Yeah much better than 4pm.

Everyone to their own opinion, I just can't understand why you don't just watch it on the telly though. Football is about a day out. Getting to the ground 3 or 4 hours before kick off, having something to eat and 5 or 6 pints. It's like going to the cinema or theatre. I love the Saturday 5pm kick off's, as everyone seams to get to Tottenham at the same time as they would for a 3 pm kick off.

Back
Top Bottom