Sunderland (home) Ghost of Chimbonda derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just wanna say that whatever happens today, this season has been a fucking brilliant journey. I'm only a newbie Spur, but now I truly feel at home with this club; and I think this season I have witnessed the start of a special new era with this group of players and this manager. And hopefully it's only going to get more magical going forward!
COYS!!! :adebaehug:

A quiet start in both games. Spurs look sluggish and are struggling to create anything. News filters through from St James' Park that Newcastle have taken the lead and the buoyant crowd raise the team. Spurs press hard but struggle to put anything away. Half time, Spurs are 0-0, but Newcastle have found a second and are leading 2-0. Straight after half time Ben Arfa launches in a 30 yard thunderbastard and it's 3-0. Spurs are jubilant and can't believe that Woolwich are going to lose. They press on but chances aren't going in. Eventually, Bale stumbles over in the box and Spurs have a penalty! The crowd draws hushed breath as the one and only Manu "Bad Ade" Adebayor stumbles up like a gazelle on coke and launches the penalty into the stands. Fears of Spurs being unable to find an opening are made worse by news that Woolwich have one back. Then, finally! A beautiful lobbed through-ball from Tom Carroll is taken down by Bale and squared for a Lennon tap in. White Hart Lane goes mental. We think we're going to do this. We know we're going to do this. 10 minutes to go, and Woolwich get another back. Then another. It's 3-3. Ade skies a sitter but at this point it's not important, every Spurs fan is waiting on baited breath for news on what's happening on Tyneside. 5 minutes to go. 2 minutes to go. "There's been a goal at St James' Park!" screams Jeff Stelling, "Which way's it gone Merse?". Paul Merson is distraught. Papiss Cisse has poked home a late, late winner. White Hart Lane erupts. Sebastian Larsson scores. Fuck.

Back
Top Bottom