Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Grabban and Rodwell are examples of everything that is wrong with football.

Rodwell reminded me of Judas at Pompey, would rather see the club go out of business than take a pay cut or terminate his contract that will have paid him £22mn over its duration.

Grabban left because he didn't like being subbed.

Cunts of the highest order.

Fearsome place but loyal fans. I think that they have sold well over 30k tickets for their boxing day game, will probably have a better attendance than us.

Sunderland till I die is a fly on the wall documentary series on Netflix is a bittersweet, fascinating and often hilarious look at club succumbing to humbling second demotion in a row. You heart goes out to the people of Sunderland

Halfway through the documentary now just watching some of the defeats remind me so much of us from 97-04, of course we were not as bad but there was just some really shit football at times and you knew even some average sides would give us hell, even at home. At 1-0 you were always just waiting for the opposition to equalise

So glad that all seems a distant memory now, of course we lose odd game but people who remember that time will remember that feeling, the pit in the stomach that we were hopeless for long periods, awful

Coleman's star was shining brightly after his stint at Wales however, it's very tarnished now. Win ratio of 17% in the league is awful.

Part of me wonders if the Wales job has given him some type of Messiah complex, if he had done his due dilligence he would have known it's a job to avoid.

A work mate of mine is a Sunderland fan and text me after our defeat last night to remind me things could be a lot worse!

I do.

It’ll be about the first team to do the quadruple.

:ledleylick:

jyOxpK8.gif

all Niall Quinns fault

I actually put a lot of this (and what's happened at Villa) down to Martin O'Neill and their respective owners at the time. He increased the wage bill do much at both clubs by paying stupid wages to past it or overpriced players that neither club has recovered from. Both saddled with ridiculous wages that forced them to think more negatively to stave off relegation, which in turn only brought it on.

He'e repeatedly doubled down on his willingness to stay on irrespective and has now, I understand, offered to take a pay cut.

:pochwtf:

Disclaimer: I work with hundreds of Barcodes and Mackems oop North, so this may actually be trolling. I can barely understand them, hahaha!

:sherwoodwtf:

(I know, I know! Think of what it takes to be sent to "The Wall" in Game of Thrones. It's like that, but slightly worse.)

:walkercry:

It's my Birthday and I've had a few scoobies/scoops.

:freundgoal:

COYMFS!

I too binged on the Sunderland documentary over Christmas. I felt a degree of smug satisfaction at their plight. Mainly because of how it felt back in the 90’s to be on the end of the Quinn & Phillips partnership and being Spurs, losing as we did to Sunderland was fucking awful. I know we had some decent results there, but overtime I always felt a sense of doom going to the North East for an away day defeat - I dislike Middlesbrough and Newcastle for similar insane reasons. It was not their fault we were crap and to be fair I never HAD to go !

Back to the documentary, it’s great TV and sad in places to watch. The club matters so much to so many but it was a shit show on the pitch no matter what they did. I think they could have had Poch in charge and still gone down.

Back
Top Bottom