Superstitions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I never check to see where we could move up to in the league before a game, and never check to see if we are the featured game on MOTD. I used to have some lucky pants, but they have since been down graded to just pants.

I'd like to think I played a pretty big part in the win against Man City on Sunday. I always used to believe in stand on three drains in a row and you get bad luck. Well, last season, I was on the way to the car before the game against City at home, I noticed I was on course to walk over three drains and thought better of it and swerved to avoid them. We went on to lose 1-5. Again, later that season, I was on my way to the car before the game at the Emirates. I noticed the same three drains and went out of my way to not step on them. The last thing we needed during that game at that stage of the season was a bit of bad luck. Anyway, we lost 5-2, as we all know. The same happened before this seasons trip to the Emirates, again I swerved them and we lost 5-2.

I noticed this recurring run of bad results after missing three drains a few weeks ago, and I thought that next time I'm in the same situation before a game, I'll walk straight over them. So, I was walking down the High Road on the way to the ground when I noticed three drains in front of me. I started to alter my path to avoid them and then realised. I walked straight over them, each one of the three. Anyway, we went on to win gloriously and I'm not sure this same feat would have been achieved if I had avoided the three drains!

52824115.gif

I can't bring myself to say the word Woolwich on a match-day... can't stand the sound of it, or the disgustingly awful memories that word and that club have given me! It's like it's a filthy cursed word which will bring ill and defeat on anyone uttering it's dirty syllables!
Hence I can't join in with the 'Stand Up if you hate....' and all the other 'ArseAnal hate' songs... and good job too, 'cos apart from Monday (and other NLD's of course) it has no place in a game where we're not actually playing them!! (and of course, I refuse to wear red on a match day!) goes without saying, dunnit?

Back
Top Bottom