Supporters home games boycott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A few thousand empty seats means nothing. The fans turning on Levy, Kane and Nuno has made headlines and sent a shockwave to the board. It will only get louder and worse for them as these pitiful levels of effort and performance continue. The vitriol in the stands is more powerful than a handful of well meaning mugs standing outside where they’ll be conveniently ignored. Inside the stadium, with the press and cameras as witness, we won’t be. I’ll stand my ground.

A few thousand empty seats means nothing. The fans turning on Levy, Kane and Nuno has made headlines and sent a shockwave to the board. It will only get louder and worse for them as these pitiful levels of effort and performance continue. The vitriol in the stands is more powerful than a handful of well meaning mugs standing outside where they’ll be conveniently ignored. Inside the stadium, with the press and cameras as witness, we won’t be. I’ll stand my ground.

You could argue the combination of the two things might be even more powerful - big empty spaces in the stadium, with those there going fucking mental at Levy et al. Massively bad PR for the club, the higher-ups would have to do something you'd think.

Seems like they will already give Nuno the boot. But since we have recently been here (sacking Jose) I don't think changing the coach from one divvy to another is going to placate the fans. There is some pressure building, I hope the fans pour it on Levy.

Missed the last two games for similar reasons.

I’m all for flags and chants but it does seem abit silly when you are still putting money in their pockets. If there is going to be a demo in the ground it needs to be like West Ham’s. Anything else is just meh.

Quick question: if Enic have never paid out profits (dividends) from Spurs and reinvested all profits into Spurs, are you 'putting money in their pockets' or reducing the money available for transfers?

I'm sure season ticket sales will plummet next summer. It's a combination of factors, from covid, to the stadium losing its newness, to our slump and unattractive football. When that happens I think I'll probably enjoy the experience more. If we end up with a more die-hard supporter left so be it.

Quick question: if Enic have never paid out profits (dividends) from Spurs and reinvested all profits into Spurs, are you 'putting money in their pockets' or reducing the money available for transfers?

I'm sure season ticket sales will plummet next summer. It's a combination of factors, from covid, to the stadium losing its newness, to our slump and unattractive football. When that happens I think I'll probably enjoy the experience more. If we end up with a more die-hard supporter left so be it.

Agreed. One of many big issues with Wembley was all the ST holders that we ended up with. Every man and his dog were getting offered one. Always thought United had it right with their cheap ST allocation to youths.

Agree.... And it's no coincidence that more people STAYED at full time than left... JUST TO BE HEARD!
At 0-3 down against Chelsea the ground was pretty much empty on FT (mainly cos most didn't wanna see those gloating, gas-chamber hissing cunts celebrate!)
But Sunday was different.... I was genuinely surprised at how full the ground still was, but I'm glad it was.
Booing the actual players as they came over for a 'FT clap' was a first... Most didn't make it over past the centre circle ..only Son seemed to 'brave' the ire and escape the wrath... All that Army training I reckon!

Still, the POINT WAS MADE.... LOUDLY!!

Agreed. One of many big issues with Wembley was all the ST holders that we ended up with. Every man and his dog were getting offered one. Always thought United had it right with their cheap ST allocation to youths.
I still think they should have a designated - separate - 'tourist section' somewhere in the ground... and I'm serious!

(Somewhere in the top tier above the Family section preferably) but at least somewhere where selfies can be taken without pissing off other fans... they can wear all the half and half scarves they like .. and no one will judge them if they're still smiling broadly at 0-3 down with a minute to go....
It's where we're heading anyway....

Make it happen Daniel!!

Back
Top Bottom