Supporters Trust

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

December latest from The Trust.

Updates on:
Allegations of racism at Spurs v Chelsea
Middlesbrough FA Cup tie
Southampton concessionary pricing
February TV picks
November catering survey
Y-Word consultation results: THST comment
Cycle On You Spurs
Members online forum update
THST AGM 2020
Planning for Bayern Munich away
Watching Football is Not a Crime

Other:

• Travel advice for home games v Liverpool and Manchester City
  • Business and Community Liaison Meeting: December
  • The Spurs Show
  • Wingate and Finchley FC
  • Big Green Coach
  • Zeelo coach travel
  • Secret Spurs History walk

December latest from The Trust.

Updates on:
Allegations of racism at Spurs v Chelsea
Middlesbrough FA Cup tie
Southampton concessionary pricing
February TV picks
November catering survey
Y-Word consultation results: THST comment
Cycle On You Spurs
Members online forum update
THST AGM 2020
Planning for Bayern Munich away
Watching Football is Not a Crime

Other:

• Travel advice for home games v Liverpool and Manchester City
  • Business and Community Liaison Meeting: December
  • The Spurs Show
  • Wingate and Finchley FC
  • Big Green Coach
  • Zeelo coach travel
  • Secret Spurs History walk

The Trust are considering starting some sort of forum. Think they are opening themselves up for all sorts of abuse there!

The Trust are considering starting some sort of forum. Think they are opening themselves up for all sorts of abuse there!
I saw that. Twitter is now only used for info due to the abuse they got. To be fair to them some of it was out of order.

I don't think a Trust forum will end well, multiple bannings on day one! They'll end up just talking to themselves!

It should be open solely to THST members to comment. Non-Members can view. The abuse they got constantly on Twitter was well out of hand and always by a non-Members. Non-Members always say "you don't represent me as a Tottenham fan" then stick the boot into them. The irony is they don't represent them because they aren't members. (I used to be one of those idiots saying that before it dawned on me I had a voice if I joined).

THST though do themselves no favours by always engaging with them. They do also get far too emotional at times too when dealing with the trolls.

It should be open solely to THST members to comment. Non-Members can view. The abuse they got constantly on Twitter was well out of hand and always by a non-Members. Non-Members always say "you don't represent me as a Tottenham fan" then stick the boot into them. The irony is they don't represent them because they aren't members. (I used to be one of those idiots saying that before it dawned on me I had a voice if I joined).

THST though do themselves no favours by always engaging with them. They do also get far too emotional at times too when dealing with the trolls.

They no longer respond to Tweets which is why they are considering a forum.

On the evening of Monday 2 March 2020, representatives of the Trust Board met with representatives of the Spurs Executive Board and senior Club staff for a scheduled 'Board to Board' meeting. The following notes from the session have been signed off by both the Trust and the Club.

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Board to Board Meeting

Monday 2 March 2020
Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co Ltd, Lilywhite House

THST Board:
Martin Cloake, Co-chair (MC)
Katrina Law, Co-chair (KL)
Pete Haine, Secretary (PH)
Anthoulla Achilleos (AA)
Michael Green (MG)
Rachel Martin (RM)
Rob White (RW)

THFC Board:
Daniel Levy, Chairman (DL)
Donna-Maria Cullen, Executive Director (DMC)
Simon Bamber, Director (SB)
Levi Harris, Supporter Liaison Officer (LH)
Ian Murphy, Head of Ticketing (IM)
Eileen Williams, Safety Officer (EW)
Simon Felstein, Head of Communications (SF)
Tiggy Thompson, Head of Supporter Experience (TT)

Very interesting to read. Always like the questions that the Trust ask.

But can't help but feel they are getting mugged off. All the probing questions the club responds with PC bullshit and ready made answers.

Maybe they should have an amazon documentry of what happens in the boardroom and listen to what Levy really thinks.

THST this group of people are only in it for self gain. We were once in a disagreement with a certain member of the trust only to be asked DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM.

I got to the below and switched off earlier. Have scanned a big further but to me shows what everyone expects is the issue.
—————————
DL felt it was important to consider the journey as a whole since ENIC took over in 2001. The Club now has the best training facilities and the best stadium in the world and has spent 13 out of the last 14 seasons in European competition. The Club is run in a sustainable way, for the long term
• DL believes the Club has something unique. Two major projects have been completed and more than ever it has the capacity to move to a higher level on the sporting front
• It was critical to build the new stadium. It wouldn’t have been possible to sustain Champions League football in a 36,000-seater stadium.

————————

The higher level on the sporting front involved Fighting to be 8th and likely without European Football at all next year. Well done.

As for “sustaining Champions League”. Ha ha good one Dan. Better players would have done that. Actually not better. Any in the case of a striker. What fucking planet is this guy on ?

& It’s something unique alright, having fuck all money to spend over two transfer windows at a time when Football is awash with money and you are in the Champions League off the back of a 36,000 seater stadium.....

He’s claiming a £200m net spend over 4 TW’s - is that correct ? I will be happy to say fair play if it is.

Shame the Trust don’t challenge much.

Last edited:
Another stream of nuggets
—————————
DL said there are lots of attacking players in the squad. The club was disappointed not to be able to bring in another striker but pleased they were able to bring in another attacking player in the recent window
• KL asked for a brief explanation of how player recruitment worked at Spurs now
• DL explained that the process is unchanged. The Chief Scout – Steve Hitchen; the Head Coach - Jose Mourinho; the Chairman – DL; the Head of the Academy - John McDermott (if it concerned a youth player) along with the Head of Football Administration – Rebecca Caplehorn – were involved in the process
• SH and JM would discuss what areas needed strengthening and who might be an option, considering age, salary expectations, nationality, language etc.
• The list would be narrowed down and then presented to DL
• The list would be put in order and they’d then see what was possible
• DL stressed how difficult it was to do a transfer both in and out, especially considering that the liquidity in the market has decreased.

———————————————

Key statement from the above; The list would be narrowed down and then presented to DL......

Hang on to your hats Boys and Girls

“Funds were ring-fenced for the summer however not qualifying for Champions League would have an impact all round“

Anyone noticed what happened when we were in the fucking competition? W a N k E r S

Back
Top Bottom