SUUUUPER PAV

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Pav debate has been done to death. I'm not sad he's gone

I'm more interested in his female fans

9GHKU.gif

Thelonious said:
Not much to debate really, not good enough, got sold.

Not good enough for what, though? Decent player to come off the bench and capable of starting against lesser teams.

Better than Saha (at this stage in his career) and overall better than Defoe IMO (although I realise the majority will disagree).

Mistake to sell when we did (although granted, an upgrade is always nice).

WindyCOYS said:
Thelonious said:
Not much to debate really, not good enough, got sold.

Not good enough for what, though? Decent player to come off the bench and capable of starting against lesser teams.

Better than Saha (at this stage in his career) and overall better than Defoe IMO (although I realise the majority will disagree).

Mistake to sell when we did (although granted, an upgrade is always nice).
we say that for almost any fringe player we sell, Niko is a prime example. Not a massive loss tbh, definitely not a mistake to sell.

Saha's all round game is better, he was a better sub for Ade than Pav, so I can understand, with the money we got for Pav, why we did it. Saha didn't work out, but it wasn't a mistake to sell Pav

I <3 Pav, the geezer was sometimes lazy, i'll grant you that, but on his day he was capable of the sublime, but I still love him (hence the name), I preferred him to Crouch, better than Saha, I like Defoe, that game in the 10/11 season away at Wolves when Defoe and Him scored three crackers, ahhh those where the days.

Also Pav scored some amazing goals, i don't feel Ade has scored a goal (bar his one against Villa) that was as good as Pav's against Young Boys, Birmingham, Rubin or Bolton.

Ahhh Pav I MISS YOU

It's good scoring sublime goals but he didn't score enough in total.

I liked the bloke but ultimately it was best for both parties that he moved on. Wish him luck now he's back in Russia until we end up playing Lokomotiv in the Europa League in 2 seasons time.

:gio:

Back
Top Bottom