Swansea (H) 03-Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The crucial thing is (and something I think plays on ALL the '2nd Tier' PL clubs when visiting the Top 5 or 6...) is that them winning these games won't necessarily be the result that keeps them up... they have far more crucial 6-pointers against those teams in and around them... these games are merely a bonus.

Whereas for us these games are the must-wins... the expectation (and pressure) are all on us... 'cos those 'winnable' points do become crucial at the end of the season! (as West Brom/Newcastle and a whole host of others have proved to us over recent seasons!)

The mid-lower PL teams can afford to lose against the Top 6 occasionally...
whereas we really can't afford to drop points against the bottom 5 or 6 teams in the PL!

Siggy is better than Eriksen at set pieces. Would be ok in our squad. I also wouldn't mind Leroy Fer as a CM option off the bench too. His passing is not 100% but he can take on players, decent defensively good in the air and can score goals from there.

There are a few ex-Spurs players floating around the PL that I really do miss... Siggy is most definitely one of them.
Chadli may prove to be another... and Carrick... maybe Dawson... oh, and Defoe occasionally... (shit, there's a few more there than I thought!)

:dawsonmean::chadliwtf::gylfi::defoe: :unsure::(

:lennon: ???

But definitely not >>> :adestare:

There are a few ex-Spurs players floating around the PL that I really do miss... Siggy is most definitely one of them.
Chadli may prove to be another... and Carrick... maybe Dawson... oh, and Defoe occasionally... (shit, there's a few more there than I thought!)

:capouestare:

Win 2-0 and make very hard work of it.

Im not as over confident as everyone on here. We will be too good for them, man for man, so a win it is no matter how we perform. Hopefully get some form, results, a regular 11 and confidence back that makes us such a hard team to beat. We've lost that enthusiasm from last season and now play on merit-we need to step up and perform and show all, how good we can be?

Im a believer that we can challenge for the PL- its a lot closer than it seems.

Quite concerned about this game, seeing lamela and Toby in the team would make me feel a lot better.

Also, I'm hoping Nkoudou starts would love to see him running at them

I think Smith would be good as backup for Walker, too.

2-1 edgy win. Sig. & kane & alli for us.
All that matters is the 3 pts when you are rarely winning.

City and Chelsea will take points off each other, but I can't see Woolwich or Liverpool slipping up. Best result for us, if we win, would be for Woolwich! Liverpool and city to lose or draw which would narrow the gap to 1 or 2 from 4th and 3 or 4 from 2nd
Let let's hope Bournemouth play as well at home as they did against us and spam take points off the entitlists, whilst Palace and boro win :)

Never thought I would be wanting the spammers to win!!! But needs must, :pochrolleyes: although it would be very nice to see them sitting in the bottom 3 for Christmas I would much rather us be right up there in the mix!
at least if the spammers do win the next 2 games they can say they were semi involved in a title challenge this year..... just not their challenge! :allitongue:

The crucial thing is (and something I think plays on ALL the '2nd Tier' PL clubs when visiting the Top 5 or 6...) is that them winning these games won't necessarily be the result that keeps them up... they have far more crucial 6-pointers against those teams in and around them... these games are merely a bonus.

Whereas for us these games are the must-wins... the expectation (and pressure) are all on us... 'cos those 'winnable' points do become crucial at the end of the season! (as West Brom/Newcastle and a whole host of others have proved to us over recent seasons!)

The mid-lower PL teams can afford to lose against the Top 6 occasionally...
whereas we really can't afford to drop points against the bottom 5 or 6 teams in the PL!

So the spammers can afford to loose there next 2 games then? And there was me thinking they would do us a favour........ proper burst my bubble there......:adelol:

Back
Top Bottom