Swansea (H) 03-Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are strange fans.. When Gylfi and Chadli were here everyone banged on about how they weren't good enough for the club.. Then they leave and everyone wants them back/:levywtf:
Interesting to hear that Poch says Siggy would have been the ideal player for him but got a call whilst on US tour saying a deal had been done to swap him for Davies. So Davies wasn't a poch signing and Poch wasn't that keen on letting him go really.
So who gets the blame for that one then the recruitment staff?
Fucking hilarious tht Poch picked him to start v Seattle then was told to withdraw him and took Davies on board out there when he fancied Siggy.
Gylfi Sigurdsson would have been perfect for me at Tottenham, says Pochettino

Maybe we could get him back in January in another swap deal for Davies as the fans seem to be calling for a left back.:levylol:

Last edited:
In other news, nice to see this piece on Terry Medwin pop up on the Official Site
'I used to sneak in to watch Swansea - that was 80 years ago...' 2 December 2016 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

... an interesting article with one of our true Legends, and nice take on both clubs ahead of todays' game.
Interesting to see that Swansea used to open the gates at 4.15 in case anyone wanted to leave early...
even back then!
At least most wait until the 85th minute theses days... that was the problem, back in the '30s, they were so impatient... they wanted success 'Now Now Now!' ...ah. Football hasn't changed that much. Discuss!

Looks like the OS has done good for once, (unlike the dodgy Christmas merch on other 'parts' of the the Offish-site which is Offishite!)

Saturday 3pm Kick-Off...There really is nothing better..

Feels like fucking ages since we played at the lane, not gonna lie woke up really early today with excitement of going to the game, still get such a buzz about going to see spurs play at the lane!
Feel like a kid on Christmas morning all over again!
Slightly worried that next year won't be the same playing at Wembley specially after the last 2 games there, just don't get that excitement like I do for the lane! Any way let's get a win today!
If anyone is interested heard Ledley is doing a meet and great in the bookies near the ground from 12-00 till 13-30 today, not sure how that works if you bringing kids to the game tho as it's over 18's only in there! :avbcringe:

Feels like fucking ages since we played at the lane, not gonna lie woke up really early today with excitement of going to the game, still get such a buzz about going to see spurs play at the lane!
Feel like a kid on Christmas morning all over again!
Slightly worried that next year won't be the same playing at Wembley specially after the last 2 games there, just don't get that excitement like I do for the lane! Any way let's get a win today!
If anyone is interested heard Ledley is doing a meet and great in the bookies near the ground from 12-00 till 13-30 today, not sure how that works if you bringing kids to the game tho as it's over 18's only in there! :avbcringe:
Well said mate. I'm going as well. can't beat a 3 o'clock KO

Well said mate. I'm going as well. can't beat a 3 o'clock KO

:walker-scream: Just checked my trains and line is closed due to engineering work all weekend! how does this make sense as there is a 3 day strike next week, so there will be no trains running, yet they decide to plan the engineering work on a weekend when there is not a strike, how about use the strike dates to do the engineering work or would that be to easy? Already have to plan a mission to get to Wembley on Tuesday and thought that was bad enough!!!
Gotta love southern rail!!!!!
Rant over..... :pochsulk:

:walker-scream: Just checked my trains and line is closed due to engineering work all weekend! how does this make sense as there is a 3 day strike next week, so there will be no trains running, yet they decide to plan the engineering work on a weekend when there is not a strike, how about use the strike dates to do the engineering work or would that be to easy? Already have to plan a mission to get to Wembley on Tuesday and thought that was bad enough!!!
Gotta love southern rail!!!!!
Rant over..... :pochsulk:
Sorry mate I have a 15 minute commute from Hackney to the game. Don't hate!

If anyone is interested heard Ledley is doing a meet and great in the bookies near the ground from 12-00 till 13-30 today, not sure how that works if you bringing kids to the game tho as it's over 18's only in there!

UWOTM8...? Ledley, in the Bookies... :pochwtf: wtf?
Has he got a cheeky each-way on "Captain's Knee", running limping in the 12.45 at Kempton Park??

I bet there will be some disappointed kids outside! :pocheyes: So it won't be so 'Meet & Great' after all!

B'boom... I'm here all day folks! :pochbye:

Interesting to hear that Poch says Siggy would have been the ideal player for him but got a call whilst on US tour saying a deal had been done to swap him for Davies. So Davies wasn't a poch signing and Poch wasn't that keen on letting him go really.
So who gets the blame for that one then the recruitment staff?
Fucking hilarious tht Poch picked him to start v Seattle then was told to withdraw him and took Davies on board out there when he fancied Siggy.
Gylfi Sigurdsson would have been perfect for me at Tottenham, says Pochettino

Maybe we could get him back in January in another swap deal for Davies as the fans seem to be calling for a left back.:levylol:
Poch doing a bit of destabilization to prepare the ground for a January bid maybe? I would have him back in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Chadli wasn't good enough, but he's a hell of a lot better than Sissoko.

Sissoko in the Euros was on another level in my opinion.
The aim should be to get that form at Spurs, not write him off....Id love to see him start today, as Poch has putting a rocket up his arse all week!

And on old boys returning, the only one for me, who could fix some points for us instantaneously, without any need to settle in and all the rest of it, would be Defoe.....18 odd goals this calender year in that Sunderland side!

Might be sitting here as champions and top of the league right now.........
Ahhhhhhh hindsight

UWOTM8...? Ledley, in the Bookies... :pochwtf: wtf?
Has he got a cheeky each-way on "Captain's Knee", running limping in the 12.45 at Kempton Park??

I bet there will be some disappointed kids outside! :pocheyes: So it won't be so 'Meet & Great' after all!

B'boom... I'm here all day folks! :pochbye:

It's true, bet he charged a kings ransom for the appearance though .....:adewtf:

Sissoko in the Euros was on another level in my opinion.
The aim should be to get that form at Spurs, not write him off....Id love to see him start today, as Poch has putting a rocket up his arse all week!

And on old boys returning, the only one for me, who could fix some points for us instantaneously, without any need to settle in and all the rest of it, would be Defoe.....18 odd goals this calender year in that Sunderland side!

Might be sitting here as champions and top of the league right now.........
Ahhhhhhh hindsight

Defoe has done well up north granted, but how many teams really go and park the bus when playing Sunderland? Not taking anything away from him but it does make a difference.....

Back
Top Bottom