Swansea v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dominated that today, thought it was a good team performance. Nice run of unbeaten games now building up and hopefully we can get a couple of the injured players back for the next run of games in a couple of weeks.

I don't know, personally, I don't think a 2-2 draw away to Swansea is as bad as some guys here are making it out to be. We've played a lot of footy over the last few weeks and Swansea arnt a half decent side playing under a good manager. Plus players minds on international duty. Tough game to just turn up and win by 5 goals to 0. I'm not unhappy to be honest, we had our chances, they had theirs and 2-2 is a fair result for this Spurs team at this time.

A lot going on here:

The performance had some obvious flaws but wasn't terrible. Son was definitely missed in the final third.

The result is particularly disappointing for me, especially given Woolwich's simultaneous dismantling of United on a day we had hopes of jumping them in the table.

I have serious concerns about Liverpool without Dier. Or Son. We may be fielding a team that looks a lot like last year's, and I don't think that would end well.

N'jie has overtaken Chadli in the first XI.

Dominated that today, thought it was a good team performance. Nice run of unbeaten games now building up and hopefully we can get a couple of the injured players back for the next run of games in a couple of weeks.

Massive blow without Dier, but the break should see some players back hopefully. Got some tinkering to do in the middle there. I think Id like to see against Pool:

.........................Dembele................Bentaleb

Njie..................................Alli.............................Eriksen

.........................................Kane

I thought we stuttered up front today, but the team performance was decent. When it went 2-2, Id have happily taken the point there and then.

Not sure whats so disappointing about the result to some people. Did they expect us to win every single game because we beat City? Bit ridiculous if you ask me.

Captain negative here, of the anti-Poch brigade...

More encouraging signs I thought. Stupid defensive errors let us down, but overall I thought we looked more dangerous and carved out the better opportunities (which were squandered). Our movement on the break was excellent at times and I think we'd have scored another 1 or 2 from those situations if it wasn't for some heavy touches from N'Jie, wastefulness from Townsend and lack of decisiveness from Kane. Fundamentally though you have to look at two free kicks from Eriksen as being what bailed us out from the wayward finishing.

I really wasn't upset at what I saw today because:

1. It was exciting, entertaining SPURS football
2. We had some great chances
3. Swansea at home are a very capable team

Yeah, probably my first real optimism about Poch for around a year has started to emerge. Who'd have thunk it?

*edit* just seen we had 11 shots on target to their 2. That's pretty impressive.

Captain negative here, of the anti-Poch brigade...

More encouraging signs I thought. Stupid defensive errors let us down, but overall I thought we looked more dangerous and carved out the better opportunities (which were squandered). Our movement on the break was excellent at times and I think we'd have scored another 1 or 2 from those situations if it wasn't for some heavy touches from N'Jie, wastefulness from Townsend and lack of decisiveness from Kane. Fundamentally though you have to look at two free kicks from Eriksen as being what bailed us out from the wayward finishing.

I really wasn't upset at what I saw today because:

1. It was exciting, entertaining SPURS football
2. We had some great chances
3. Swansea at home are a very capable team

Yeah, probably my first real optimism about Poch for around a year has started to emerge. Who'd have thunk it?

*edit* just seen we had 11 shots on target to their 2. That's pretty impressive.
Welcome aboard mate.
:dierpochhug:

its very odd. most managers get harshly criticised by fans. it seems to be the opposite with poch.
he can do no wrong in many peoples eyes.
some think we would be top of the league if we hadnt been sooooo unlucky in many of our games.

Most managers gets harshly criticised, mostly be whiny fucks. So does Poch.

Like people criticising him for only drawing away against a very solid Swansea after 11-2 shots on goal. It's not really Poch's fault that Harry does shit you don't even see at amateur levels while defending a corner, is it?

What I saw was... Montego was so far forward and stayed forward, it stopped Walker from getting forward and attacking - If Lamela regulary chased back, that would have reduce our attacking options. Walker should be more than capable to stop Montego. I think Monk played it well.

Can we all stop talking about what position we will finish. At the end of the season the league will tell us how well we have done. Today we didn't play well but didn't lose either, another day another season it would have ended in defeat. We are on track to have a good season. Believe...

Can we all stop talking about what position we will finish. At the end of the season the league will tell us how well we have done. Today we didn't play well but didn't lose either, another day another season it would have ended in defeat. We are on track to have a good season. Believe...
I thought we played well actually

1) Kane's o.g had me in stitches,oddly
2) Swansea at home are tough to beat
3) We were actually pretty decent
5) Hope we give a nice welcome to the next liverpool manager
6) Eriksen's free kicks are sexy

I thought we played well actually
It was below par, we didn't have that energy we have shown in recent weeks. We are far better than what we showed today. We played well as we could with our EL hangover heads on.
We have developed into a decent side where we can have a lesser performance as today and still get a result.

But we want to be a top 4 team, that's the point.
not sure i believe that.
unless levy seriously thinks we should get 4th with this squad?
i dont think even he expects poch to get us 4th with 1 striker & the other squad weaknesses.

unless u mean we want it in the same way that i want to win the lotto but dont buy a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom